33. Limitless Pain😭😭

Murad kissed the back of his mother's hand and looked at Mehrimah for a moment. Mehrimah sighed in defeat and looked straight ahead.

Few days ago was the day when all the riyaasats of the sultanate, pay their annual tribute to the emperor and Valis (governors) of all the states come to Istanbul with the annual tribute from the respective kingdoms.

Every state's annual tribute reached Istanbul, except for one- Baghdad. And two or three days later, Shah-E-Baghdad sent a letter through a hawk, which said that the Vali of Baghdad has sadly passed away and that's why Baghdad couldn't send the annual tribute.

He further added, that he'll himself come to Istanbul, to pay annual tribute to the mighty Sultan and then Sultan can name the new governor in his presence only. By this, he'll be able to test the new route explored, which is said to reduce the 2 months long distance between Baghdad and Istanbul, to 3 weeks. And then he'll be able to meet the Sultan after 15 years.

Everything was fine in the letter. But when it said that they won't be meeting in the palace, but outside Istanbul, Murad and other statesmen of Osmani Sultanate of course suspected something fishy.

So Murad, after discussing with all his Pashas and army chiefs, decided that they'll definitely go to meet Shah-E-Baghdad, but not with loose grip on their weapons. They'll go with a big army and if the Baghdadis try to show over smartness, they'll simply be dragged towards death and another Baghdadi King will be slayed by Murad's hand.

But Mehrimah didn't feel right and Mehrimah advised him to not to go and to not to let anyone else also go. When asked her why, she said what was in her heart- that she had a bad feeling about this 'meeting-after-15-years' thing.

Murad tried to reason with her that nothing will happen because there will be lakhs of them and just thousands of Baghdadi soldiers. Mehrimah knew that, but that still didn't feel good. Murad kept on telling her that he has to meet him to keep his words otherwise it will be like showing your back. And Mehrimah also reasoned that he is mighty Sultan and he can do anything. 

Murad told her that all those 'Imperial Sultan' things don't work like that. Mehrimah tried to explain him that sometimes it's not always important to go after the prey and that's when the argument started. Frustrated by her, Murad shouted on her, saying that she has no authority to boss him around and order him what to do and what not to do.

Murad was guilty. Murad was guilty immediately after he shouted on her. His words didn't hurt Mehrimah more but his tone and the fact that he was not understanding her definitely did.

She bowed to him and immediately left for her. 

Murad had summoned Osman and told him that Valida and Baba had a small argument. He asked him to ask for her forgiveness on his behalf. 

After sometime, Osman came back and told him that his Valida was sleeping so didn't wake him up.

Murad didn't have any option left but to wait till tomorrow. He asked Osman to hop in the bed and he slept after pampering his son with cuddles and kisses.

'Baba.........yemek masasında bekletme beni. (Father.......don't keep me waiting at dinner table.)' Shahnoor told her father and for the first time in 11 years, the triplets agreed on something.😂

Murad smiled and said 'Yapmayacağım..........söz veriyorum. (I won't.......I promise)'

As soon as he came in front of Mehrimah, she immediately took his hand, kissed it and touched to her forehead. She kept his eyes away from him, though he stood just in front of her. At that time, Murad knew that it will take a lot more than just a sorry to make upto her.