3. Letter

4 days later- Night time, Garden

Mehrimah sat with her sisters and friends. They all were silent, no body spoke anything. How could they speak when Mehrimah was radiating so much anger and sadness?

What do you expect from a princess who is expected to marry and go away with the Emperor of another empire to save her own empire? The same empire, which she wanted to rule?

'Sunna hai Sultan se accha sipahi poori duniya mein nahi hai.' one of her sister said carefully and waited for Mehrimah to protest. When Mehrimah didn't, she continued. 'Kehte hain ki Sultan ko Maidaan-E-Jang mein dekhkar bade badon ke haath se shamsheer choot jati hai............aue unse bhi zada khofnaak toh unke takht-nasheen (throne accession) hone ki kahani hai!'

'K-Kya kahani hai Shehzadi?' Zeenat asked her in fear.

'Jab Sultan Ahmed Han guzar gaye toh unke 8 beton mein takht ko lekar ladai shuru hui..........' Mehrimah's sister started in a grave tone. They all were hearing her very carefully, including Mehrimah.

'...............Ladai bohot der tak chali aur uss ladai mein...........17 saal ke Murad ne 1100 ke kareeb sar kalam kar diye.........jin mein se 7 unke apne bhaiyon ke the.' The girls gasped with shock but Mehrimah didn't. Because unlike these little dolls, she understands how frustrating it is to have others claiming on what you deserve. 

She accepts that Sultan Murad, in all aspects, is what she has always dreamt to become. He is a brave warrior, an able administrator, a powerful Emperor and above all..................a person respected by the whole world. 

Being Haseki Sultan of Ottoman Empire could have been golden for her. But it is not due to 2 reasons. First, she has to show the people of her country that a woman can also rule and give them an empire which is free from injustice.

Secondly...........there is no concept of an Empress in Ottoman tradition Here, in Hindustan they have 'Malika-E-Hind' but it is not like that in Osmani Sultanate. Every woman, except Valide Sultan, is Sultan's slave. Not only women but men too. Every being that inhabits the Ottoman lands is a slave of Sultan. Being Haseki Sultan or being related to the family of the Sultan, just makes your position higher amongst slaves.

And what will she do? Run a Harrem whole day?

She has heard from many travelers, who come from different parts of world to Hindustan, about the great Ottoman Empire. But what fascinated her more was not the glory of the empire and it's Sultan's strength.............she was fascinated more by the Valide Sultan of Ottoman Empire..............Kosem Sultan.

Damn that woman! Whenever Mehrimah hears her name, a rush of power passes through her body.🤩

Thought of Kosem Sultan bought an idea to her. 

'Zeenat! Humare saath chalo!' she called her while running towards her chamber. Zeenat quickly ran behind her.

'Inhe kya hua?' One of her sisters asked. 

'Lagta hai Mehrimah Aapa ko bohot gehra saddma laga hai.' other replied with pity and they all hummed.