32. Snatching The Last Bit Of Power

Extremely sorry if you find any mistakes. I'll correct them sometime later😊❤

It was early in the morning and Murad was in Ayşe's chamber. Don't get him wrong🙄........it wasn't that he wanted to be there but he had to because Ahmed was sick and Hakim sahab was checking him. So only for his son, he had to tolerate Ayşe's presence as well.

Hakim sahab was done checking Ahmed and then turned to Murad. 'Pareshani ki koi baat nahi hai Aaka, vahi har baar jaisa bukhaar hua hai.............davaiyaan vahi raheinge. Hum kuch der mein davaiyaan bana kar bhijva deinge.' Hakim sahab said and Murad thanked him.

Though Ahmed was normal like every other child, but he is unusually weak from inside. He frequently catches cold, falls ill, or even slightest of wounds cause him to loose a large amount of blood which leads to further weakness.

Due to his low immunity, Murad, after discussing with Mehrimah and Kosem, decided that Ahmed will not be given any poison to immune him. So, everything he eats, is tested many times before it reaches his mouth.

But Hakim sahab has assured them that some children have weak immunity, and this will not get forwarded to his teenage. Once he grows up, he'll be fine.

As Hakim sahab walked out, Murad sat with Ahmed. Ahmed didn't say anything he just, smiled at Murad and his smile was so cute that Murad chuckled. Ayşe just kept standing at a little distance from them.

'DESTUR!!! HASEKI MEHRIMAH SULTAN HAZRATLERI!!!'

The doors of room opened and Mehrimah walked inn while exclaiming 'Benim cesur aslan yavrusu! (My brave lion cub)'

Ahmed seem to have forgot his sickness and he just jolted out of bed while exclaiming with joy 'Valida!!!'

Ayşe' eyes bulged out and Murad went into daze as Ahmed said that. But Mehrimah seemed least bothered. Ahmed wrapped his arms around her waist and Mehrimah hugged him back and Murad couldn't help but wonder how a step-mother and a step-son can have such a relationship. But then a small smile appeared on his lips as he realized that his wife was not just any other woman............she was the strongest willed yet the kindest soul in this world. Real or step.............a son is a son for her.❤

'Ahmed!' Ayşe scolded Mehmed in a sweet voice and with a smile but Ahmed was scared and he clutched Mehrimah's gown tightly. 'Vo aapki Valida nahi hain beta.......hum hain aapki Valida.' she said in the same way.

Ahmed looked up at Mehrimah and Murad could see sadness in his eyes. Mehrimah's brows furrowed as she saw something in his eyes but could not understand it. He looked back at his mother and said in a small and fear filled voice 'Maafi Valida!'

The sadness in his eyes when he looked at Mehrimah and the unusual fear in his eyes when he looked at his mother confused Murad. What's wrong with his son?

Kosem was sitting in her balcony and watching as the purple and orange line that had formed in the sky due to setting of sun. It was her that hour of time, when she sits here and cherishes the memories of her Ahmed, with his grave clearly visible from here.😌💞

She never complained to Allah for taking him away.............she just cherishes the memories and family Ahmed has given her and is waiting patiently till Allah decides that it's time that she meets her love.

'Gustakhi maaf Sultana.' came Sumbul Aghas low and guilty voice, as he apologized to ruin her most important moment of the day.

'Kahiye Sumbul.' she calmly said.

'Sultana Shehzade Mehmed aapse abhi milna chahte hain.' Sumbul said and a smile appeared on Kosem's lips. 'Ijazzat hai' she said.

Within no time, Mehmed walked inside her chamber and then towards the balcony.