29. Worthy Of Sharing Throne

The time witnessed the intensity of the scene as two mothers stood on the balcony of the imperial palace and watched their sons going to become a man. While few other young boys walked on their feet, Mustafa, Orhan and sons of some Pashas were seated on their horses- the last bit of luxury they'll receive before they reach Manisa, the province which has the deadliest of Janissari schools.................the same where Murad went for his sanjak.

Gulnihal stood there with only one HOPE that Orhan comes back being more powerful, inteligent and manly than Mustafa. Mehrimah knew what was going in her mind because she expects such puny thoughts from her. 

Mehrimah BELIEVED that her Mustafa to come back becoming the powerful, intelligent and manly than everyone else............no one in particular but everyone else. He will become unmatchable................just like his father.

Mustafa one last time stared back. His mother who was standing on the balcony gave him one curt nod. His gaze then went down. The doors of palace were closing and just before they got closed Mustafa saw a curt nod from his father.

As the doors closed, Mustafa also tuned his back on the palace and leaving behind an imperial prince he was..............he set himself for becoming a soldier.

*********************

'Waqkt aa gaya hai Mehrimah..............ki aap apne Malika banne ki taiyaariyan shuru kar dein.' Kosem told Mehrimah as they both stood in her room.

'Aap sahi keh rahi hain Valida...............magar shuruwaat kahan se karein?' she asked her.

'Tijarat! (Trade)' Kosem said and it confused Mehrimah. Mehrimah came in front of her and asked her 'Tijarat?'

'Haan. Tijarat.' Kosem said calmly.

'Aap jaanti hain ki divan ke saare Pasha duniya bhar mein Osmani Sultanate ki taraf se tijarat karte hain.............unke naam ke jahaz Istanbul ko chod kar Sultanate ke andar aur bahar, dono ko riyaasaton mein saamaan pohonchate bhi hain aur laate bhi hain..............Sultan ke khud ke naam ke jahaaz bhi tijarat karte hain..............Jo bhi munafa (profit) hota hai usse Sultanate ki bhag-daud sambhalne mein kaam laya jaata hai.' Kosem told her and Mehrimah replied 'Ye sab toh hum jaante hain Valida................aap hume ye bataein ki tijarat karna humari maddad kaise karega?'

'Jab aapke naam ke jahaz alag alag riyaasaton mein munafa karke Istanbul wapis aayeinge.............aur jab aapka munafa baaki Pashaon se zada hoga toh tijarat karna kya aapki maddad nahi karega Mehrimah Sultan?' she asked him with a smirk on her lips and Mehrimah slowly and gradually understood what she was trying to say.

'Aapko Sultan ko baaki Pashaon se zada munafa laa kar dena hai............aur unke saath saath poori Sultanate ko dikhana hai ki tijarat jaise Sultanate ke kaam karne ke liye mard hona zaroori nahi...............sirf ek tez dimaag chahiye.' Kosem said and Mehrimah was again flat on the way this woman's mind works.

'Humne aapko raasta bataya hai...............ab jahaz ka intezaam aur Pashaon se zada munafa kaise karna hai............ye aapko sochna hai.' Kosem said and Mehrimah smirked.

'Aap fikkr na karein Valida...........hum Pashaon se zada munafa kar ke deinge Sultan ko.' she said.

She diverted her gaze from her mother to the sky outside and said 'Aur jahan tak baat rahi jahaz ke intezaam ki.................vo toh hume Sultan khud karke deinge.'