9. Relieved

The next morning, news spread like fire in harrem that Sultan and Haseki Sultan are not in good terms. Mehrimah didn't get bothered to shut all those mouths because, after all..............they all were right.

Kosem and Naazli didn't paid any heed to this news because they thought that harrem was jealous of Mehrimah and rumours were obvious.

Mehrimah started doing her work along with Valide Sultan and Naazli. She was surprised when she got to know that Naazli wasn't just like any other princess but was the treasurer of harrem.

What is the work in harrem? Harrem is just like any other Sultanate. Finance. Protection. Maintenance. Salaries. Expenses of all those girls. Resolving some everyday matters. And to Mehrimah's surprise............harrem had a full educational system for these slaves. 

And these things will obviously include same amount of paperwork.

Days passed just like that.

Mehrimah and Kosem made a great team together. It was as if both know what the other one is thinking and most the time their minds worked in the same way. 

Naazli also gave Mehrimah a special place in her heart for which Mehrimah was thankful.

To make her day worth waking up, Ibrahim used to bring his son to the palace everyday and Orhan used to visit her.

After that night, Mehrimah hardly had any word with Murad. They used to meet on dinner. In between their breaks from work, they used to come around each other while walking down pathways. But every time it was the same- Mehrimah would bow to him, he would reply and they'll wish each other for a good day ahead.

Mehrimah did what she was told to do. Every fifth or sixth night Murad would ask for a particular girl from harrem and Mehrimah would herself walk her to Murad's room. She would walk back to her room shedding tears. But she won't show him even a single trace of weakness.

On the other hand, Murad was not able to find peace in any woman's arms. He would use them and as they slept on his bed, he would spend his nights wide awake. For the first time in his life, his strategy was going wrong. Mehrimah seemed less bothered about his deeds and he, on other hand, was not able to pass his nights. But he won't let his pride go down.

In short, both were keeping their egos above their needs.

But in all these happenings, only one thing was going right................the fire of Murad's desire to make Mehrimah his was raging more every passing day.

One night

'DESTUR!! SULTAN MURAD HAN HAZRATLERI!!' Murad entered the harrem and, without looking here and there, immediately went upstairs, towards his mother's room for having dinner. 

Every day, at this hour of night, all the girls leave whatever they were doing previously and just assemble near the entrance of harrem.............to have a look at their lord. And some days come out to be lucky when he runs a hand through his hair.🤩

Murad made his way up to his mother's room but stopped as he saw his mother standing with a hakima (female doctor). The doctor was telling her something and she was listening very carefully.

'Valida?' he called her and they both turned to him. 'Ayiye beta.' his mother greeted him and the doctor bowed to him. 'Aapki tabiyat toh khairiyat hai na?' Murad asked her in a concerned tone.

'Hum theek hain Murad...........Mehrimah ki tabiyat nasaaz hai.' Kosem told him.

'Kya hua Mehrimah ko?' Murad asked hakima sahiba and she replied 'Mere Aaka, zada pareshani ki baat nahi hai.........bas thoda bukhaar aa gaya tha.......shayad Haseki Sultan kaam ke chalte apna khyaal nahi rakh paa rahi hain......davaiyaan de di hain, kuch din aaram kareingi toh behtar ho jayeingi.'

'Hmm. Sumbul Agha!........Hakima sahiba ko unke mutabik rakam se navaza jaye!' Murad told Sumbul Agha. Sumbul Agha bowed and went away with Hakima sahiba.

At that time, Naazli came out of Mehrimah's room. She bowed to Sultan and then told them both 'Aaram kar rahi hain.' 

'Valida.......Hum aaj Mehrimah Sultan ke saath, unke hojre mein khaana khaeinge.' he told his mother. She smiled at him and said 'Hum aap dono ka khaana lagvate hain.'

Murad made his way towards Mehrimah's room while his sister and mother watched his back. 

All the maids who served her were standing outside her room, to give her space. They all bowed to Murad. Murad didn't pay any heed and entered her room. 

(This music is so suitable😍😍😍🥺🥺🥺❣❣❣)

She was sleeping peacefully on her canopy bed. Behind Murad came few Aghas. They set their table for having dinner. After they left, Murad was left alone with his sleeping wife.

He walked closer to her bed and sat just beside her. He observed her very closely. She did look sick and weak. 

With his thumb he caressed her cheek and called her gently 'Mehrimah?' She didn't wake at first but when he called her again while giving a slight squeeze to her hand, she opened her eyes.

When Mehrimah realized that he was sitting beside her, she was surprised and she sat up. 'Aap? Yahan?' she asked him.

'Ji............Ayiye.......Khaana kha lijiye!' he said while getting up and offering her his hand. Mehrimah stared at his hand and then at the table set for them. She wanted to say no to food. 

Murad could read her mind and said 'Khaana nahi kahyeingi toh davaiyon ka assar nahi hoga.'

Mehrimah sighed and took his hand to stand up. The table was far away from the bed and Mehrimah didn't have so much energy. She tried to walk few steps but felt dizzy due to fever. Murad held her firmly before she could stumble.

He shocked Mehrimah completely, when he lifted her up, bridal style and walked up to table. 

He made Mehrimah settle down and himself was settled beside her but with distance between them.

Neither said a word. They still kept their egos high. They just ate in silence. But this silence wasn't awkward..........it was peaceful. Time to time, Murad would put things in Mehrimah's plate and Mehrimah also served Murad. 

In between, Mehrimah choked on her food and Murad immediately poured her water. While she drank water, Murad rubbed her back. 

Mehrimah couldn't believe if he was the same Murad. Whoever he was,............he was making Mehrimah feel special with his small gestures.😍

When they finished, Murad carried Mehrimah back to her bed. He called some servants and they took the table.

Murad tucked Mehrimah to bed. Before leaving, he placed a kiss on Mehrimah's forehead and just said 'Apna khyaal rakha karein.' Murad left the room and a small smile came upon Mehrimah's lips. Yes, he didn't apologize. Yes, he kept his ego high. But he did make Mehrimah feel relieved.

Murad walked out of the harrem and made his way to his room. A thin smile played on his lips.............so thin that you cannot make it if it is there or not. Yes, she didn't say anything. Yes, she kept her ego high. But having her beside him made him feel relieved.