Part 13 - Choose, Shirou

Shirou: How's Saber doing?!

Kazuto: From what I could tell of her condition, she probably won't be waking up anytime soon.

Shirou: I see... I'm so glad you're here, Kazuto.

Kazuto: (You should be saying that to Tohsaka but you have to call me instead...) I didn't do anything. Her body won't be getting any better. So... What happened?

Shirou: We defeated Rider.

Kazuto: You won against Shinji, huh?

Shirou: Yeah...Saber used her Noble Phantasms and collapsed afterwards.

Kazuto: So she used it, eh? Well... Right now, you two have a much bigger problem to worry about.

Shirou: What do you mean?

Kazuto: You should slowly come to realize this, right? The fact that at this rate... Saber's going to disappear.

Shirou: Disappear?!

Kazuto: Saber barely has any Mana left in her. It must have been something that pretty much used up all her mana.

I take a sip on the tea.

Kazuto: Remember, Mana is the source that maintains the physical body of Servants, who were originally spiritual entities. Meaning Saber would just disappear if she uses up all her mana.

Shirou: But... She's been fine all this time! Even Saber herself said that if she sleeps, she'll be able to regain mana.

Kazuto: That's because the amount of mana she has was astronomical. It's true Saber still has some mana. I think she can recover enough mana to maintain her body.

Shirou: So she's fine?

Kazuto: But that's it. Saber will have to fight in her current condition without mana replenishment from her Master and the next time she uses her Noble Phantasm, she'll disappear for sure.

Shirou: Then all I have to do is to not let her use her Noble Phantasm, right?

Kazuto: *sigh* There's no way for a Servant to survive the Holy Grail War without Noble Phantasm.

Shirou: Damn it...

Kazuto: You can leave your battles to Avenger for now. But there are only two ways for injured servants to recover. Either the Master provides mana via Mana Transfer or...the Servant replenishes their Mana on their own...

Shirou: You mean stealing the souls of innocent people and make it her own power like Rider?! No way! I'm not going to let Saber do that!

Kazuto: Right? Then can you provide mana to her?

Shirou: I would've done that already if I was able to, but I don't have the ability to do that.

I don't really want to explain to him that Mana Transfer in this game do...sexual stuff...

Kazuto: *Ahem* When you summoned Saber, some kind of connection should have been established between the two of you. There might be some other way...no, there's no point in comforting you... You should know this already; there's only one solution for you unless you provide mana to her. To save Saber, you will have to use a command seal and have her assault humans.

Shirou: You're telling me to kill innocent people...

Kazuto: At the very least, you can prevent the worst case scenario. If you don't want to lose Saber, use a command seal.

Shirou: I can't...

Kazuto: Your choice.

I got up and say something before I leave.

Kazuto: Saber is near her limits. You should make up your mind before other Servants strike.

-

I was walking around, taking a stroll. Sometimes, I could see glimpses of Vel's past. Artorius sacrifice Laphicet, becoming the Lord of Calamity, and save Laphi in an eternal feeding between him and Laphi. I can tell why Vel would give glances to Saber. She's not Artorius but she does remind him.

Anyway, Shirou should be having a glimpse of Saber or King Arthur's past and maybe Archer telling him some facts.

Call me a bad friend but Shirou needs to realize that life to everyone isn't about being a hero or a legend passed down in generations. In order to survive in this world of magus, you need power to defend yourself and your loved ones.

I could prevent Shirou becoming to his future servant self but in some timelines, I might be the one doing his killings and I'm fine with that. I seen dreams of alternate versions of me.

Being the Guardian to Zelretch just to fight Emiya, Seeing my "son" being a demi-servant, and more.

I know the bad ends of this visual novel and I ain't letting one of these happened.

Then, I realized and rushed to the park, panicking.

Kazuto: (SH*T SH*T SH*T SH*T SH*T SH*T SH*T SH*T)

When I got there, no one's at the park but I sense some mana...

Shirou got kidnapped...

By Illya...

I hate to do this but I need to inform Rin and Saber.

To be continued...