Part 11 - Peaceful Interlude my a**!

Kazuto: I can't believe I'm doing this...

I'm at the gate, waiting for the others and I saw Taiga, Sakura and Rin but Shirou is not in his uniform...

Taiga: Off we go~! ...Huh?

Sakura: Senpai?

Taiga: What's the matter? You're going to be late!

Shirou: I'm...taking a day off.

It is about... Oh right, sword training.

Taiga: What are you talking about? There's nothing wrong with you, right?

Shirou: I don't know, but I feel pain from my injury... You know, if the temperature drops, old injuries start hurting again, right?

Taiga: Hmm. That's a big day lie.

Shirou: ...Sorry, forgive me for this, Fuji-nee.

Rin: Fujimura-senseu, actually...

Shirou: It's okay, Tohsaka! It's not that I don't want to go to school. It's just that I have something more important to take care of.

Taiga: ...Gosh, whenever Shirou doesn't tell you about something. It's always when he has something very important to deal with. Tohsaka-san, Sakura-chan, let's go, shall we? Bye then!

And we went to school... Just in case, I case a magic earlier that makes a clone version of me and message me with Telepathy when it's something important.

So far, he has been training by Saber harshly...well, she's a king and has excellent Swordsmanship so Shirou should at least expect that.

But he's a idiot as it continues from morning to afternoon.

- Clone Kazuto POV -

I saw Shirou finish the first day of training and saw him riding a bike into town. I follow him just in case.

I also buy a few things for myself, of course.

Shirou: Eh? Kazuto?

Kazuto: Ahh sh*t... Hi, Shirou...

Shirou: I thought you're still at school?

Kazuto: Uhh... Yeah, I just excuse myself for today.

Shirou: Wait... Are you okay?

Kazuto: No, I'm fine. It's nothing to worry about.

Shirou: Well, if you say so... Anyway, see you back home.

Kazuto: Yeah, I'll be at your place.

And he ride back home... Ugh... Suddenly someone tugged my shirt. I look to who did it and my eyes widen.

Kazuto: You... You're Berserker's master.

Illya: Pleased to meet you. So you managed to stay alive, Oniichan!

Kazuto: Oniichan? Ugh whatever... What are you doing here? You want to fight or something?

Illya: Huh? Why would I? It's not okay to fight while the sun is still out.

Kazuto: Huh... Good point...

Illya: I'm-

Kazuto: I already know who you are, Miss Einzbern.

Illya: Then, what is your name, Oniichan?

Kazuto: Homura Kazuto... You can call me either Homura or Kazuto. It's really up to you.

I decided to go back home but Illya is following me. Chatting... Vell is currently guarding my apartment for today.

Illya: I left Berserker at home today. We're even because you didn't bring your servant out either.

Kazuto: Huh... That's great- wait, how's that even fair?!

Then, Illya grabbed my arm...the hell is this girl planning?

Illya: Hey, there are a lot of things I want to talk to you about.

Kazuto: Talk?

Illya: Yup! Come on, hurry this way! Hurry or else I'll leave you behind, Kazuto!

Kazuto: ...

This is why I hate children. Even though she's older than she looks... Does it goes the same for me since I'm mentally older but physically younger?

Still, what would she want to talk to me? She was supposed to talk to Shirou.

-

Kazuto: You want to talk about Shirou's Saber?

Illya: That's boring! Let's talk about something more fun!

Said the not-a-child balancing on a log...

Kazuto: ...Then what do YOU want to talk about?

Illya: I haven't done much talking with anyone...

Is it because... No, I know the story about her family already. I don't want her to be more hurt than I should be.

Illya: So... I'll let you handle the talking, Kazuto. It's a man's responsibility to escort a lady, right?

Kazuto: That's Shirou's, not mine.

Illya: Ah-

Before she slips and falls to the ground, I cast Haste and quickly catch her. Then she used this opportunity to...lay on my lap...

Kazuto: ...Don't tell me, are you cold?

Illya: Yeah, I don't like cold weather.

Kazuto: I see...

I wrap my arms around her, casting the Warmth spell.

Illya: So warm... I want to stay like this forever...

Kazuto: ...

I already know everything... what happened in the past and future... Her family, Kiritsugu, and her reduced lifespan... Poor girl... I wish I could help you but not until the Holy Grail War is over.

Then I can alter her magic circuits to make her live like a normal person. Help Sakura with her magic circuits and her grandfather with his disgusting worms.

It's the few things I need to do if I can avoid Shirou from becoming...the Counter Guardian EMIYA and achieving the most possible happy ending...even if I have to do everything.

To be continued.