Part 29 - Final...

Ryudou Temple, huh... This is where I'll be sacrificed.

I do hope Issei wouldn't mind about this...

To think Kirei would overpowered us. At least the Jade I gave them regenerates their wounds.

I guess I'm only best at some dumb sh*t magic...

Kirei: Tell me, Kazuto. Up to everything you done, is it worthy?

Kazuto: Everything I have done? I guess...

Kirei: I see, you were delusioned yourself as a saint, a messiah, to do what's right.

Kazuto: But I'm confident Shirou will beat you.

Kirei: Oh, how can you be so sure about that?

Kazuto: Let's just say... He's the protagonist of the story.

Kirei: Like in the legends. If you put it that... I do think it fits. I presume you're the rival here?

Kazuto: Rival? No, I'm just a friend. A mob character.

Kirei: Yet you did everything to make it easy for them. I don't think any mob character would do that, especially side characters with some roles.

Kazuto: That's right... Fate decide our roles, for it creates a story for everyone to hear. Whether if it's a true story or not.

Kirei: Indeed. Fate is cruel... No... Forgive my manners, a b*tch.

Kazuto: Haha...

Kirei: Hmm... Kurotsuki. It fits with the atmosphere too.

That's right, red sky and light, sea of black tar... A Grail that resembles the corrupted moon pouring down it's water...

Then I heard footsteps. Shirou's here.

Kirei: I welcome you, Emiya Shirou, the sole Master to have survived until the end.

Shirou: Kotomine... Put Kazuto down!

Kirei: I don't think that's quite possible. The Holy Grail has appeared, but the portal is not yet stable. As the point of contact, I need him to stay like that as long as his life allows, else my desire will not be fulfilled.

Not if I use healing spells CONSECUTIVELY!!! But that pretty much making my pain more...longer and painful.

Kirei: This is the power overflowing from the Holy Grail. It will flow out endlessly and create calamities everywhere. Within it if evil of every description, things that curse the human world indiscriminately.

Shirou: Calamities? Curse the world!?

Kirei: Long ago, three families, led by the Einzbern family, schemed together and built a system to summon the Holy Grail. However, there has yet to be one person to see the completion of the Holy Grail. Sometimes, they failed at the summoning process, destroyed like what your father did. This is the first time the Holy Grail has been this close to completion.

Shirou: Why are you bringing this catastrophe into this world?

Kirei: If I had to give it a reason, I'd say for pleasure. All pleasure produced by humans is derivative. It is nothing but an impurity, something to be despised. It is at the moment of death that humanity has value. Life is their run-up, and then they jump high, reach the heavens, and shine nobly. That sparkling, that is my wish! Just as how you all fees upon serenity, I devour the light of the stars to live.

Shirou: ...

Kirei: The fire ten years ago wasn't such a bad thing.

Shirou: Huh?