Part 16 - Mana Circuit

Kazuto: (Well, Archer's dead. That only remains are Saber, Berserker, Assassin, Lancer, and Caster. Excluding Vel and Gilgamesh.)

Shirou: Saber...

Saber: *huff* *puff* Shirou...

Shirou: This is it. Any more would be unreasonal for you.

Saber: W-What are you talking about? I have been through difficult situations like these many times. I can still run without trouble.

Shirou: Whether you've experienced those situations many times or not, pain is still pain. At least let out a whimper.

Then Shirou carrying saber, bridal style.

Saber: What are you doing?!

Shirou: Rest yourself for a bit. If you keep on running with that painful face, then I'll be the one who suffers.

Saber: Insolence! Let me down! Do you think I would fall from difficulties like this...

Shirou: Give up already! This is your Master's order!

Kazuto: They totally forget us.

Rin: Yeah. If she won't listen to you, why don't use a command seal?

Kazuto: And waste one on a stupid reason and Saber will be free from Shirou.

Saber: T-That is not fair!

Kazuto: Then stop complaining! At this rate, both Illya and Berserker will catch up.

Rin: Kazuto's right. We have to hurry or it will be the death of us.

And we continue running. And Shirou just trample a bit, lending to hit his back against a tree trunk.

Rin: Shirou!

Shirou: Sorry, I'm okay. My legs tangled a bit. Okay, put your arms around me again.

Saber: ...Your recklessness must end here.

Shirou: Saber...

Saber: You three should run away without me.

Shirou: How can we do that?! I just tripped, that's all. I'm completely fine. Kazuto, can Avenge-

Kazuto: Can't. One of his arm is a cursed one that it might consume Saber, obtaining a power up and her memories.

Rin: What kind of Noble Phantasm is that!?!? Is there any legend about it?!

Kazuto: Oh, I don't know, he could be one of King Hassan's subordinate or something.

Rin: You're being sarcasm...

Kazuto: Like hell I don't know his identity!

Saber: Rin, Kazuto, you two could concur with me, right? Please leave me behind here. You will not be able to escape with me in the party. Above all, I will not be able to last for long.

Shirou: Don't saying such stupid things!

Kazuto: This is getting nowhere...

Rin: There, there! We don't have time to argue with each other. Look at that.

Rin pointed at a house...

Shirou: A wrecked house?

We proceed to enter the house.

Rin: Archer found this place on our way towards the castle...as a hideout just in case.

Shirou put Saber on the bed and he sat beside her.

Kazuto: So what's the plan, Rin?

Rin: Even if Illyasviel was after us, she'd probably need more time. If she wastes time looking all over for us, we should be able to hide until sunrise.

Kazuto: I'll tell my servant to keep a lookout, just in case.

Avenger: (Understood, Master.)

Oh, problem solve. This Telekinesis communication is useful.

Shirou: Tohsaka, Archer's...

Rin: ...I told him to just buy us some time.

Kazuto: (Archer managed to kill Berserker 5 times....)

Rin: That guy... He was a show-off until the end... I won't let his efforts go to waste. Now that I've lost Archer. We must defeat Berserker right here. My principle is that if I have time to worry, I have time to take action. I'll need you to get mentally prepared too, Shirou.

Shirou: Mentally prepared?

Rin: Even if it's Berserker, he should have suffered some injuries after fighting Archer. I've also brought all of my ultimate jewels with me.

Kazuto: That is many times worth of Emiya's house and able to use like a small Noble phantasm?

Rin: Yeah, as long as Saber can recover, I can come up with a strategy to get us out of this situation.

Shirou: But we don't have any ways to get her to recover...

Rin: She is only weakening because her mana is running out. If a certain amount of mana is replenished, she should be able to display her original power.

Shirou: There's a way?! Then tell me already! But I'm against having Saber attack others.

Rin: There are no souls that she can eat in this forest. There's a much more reliable means of doing this.

Kazuto: Mana Transfer. We need you Shirou to transfer your Mana to Saber.

Saber: That's...

Rin: You two need to get into a synesthesic state...and re-connect the spiritual link between you. And to accomplish this, we need to go as far as transferring the magic circuits or else Shirou's Mana won't be able to reach Saber.

Shirou: Transfer my mana circuit to Saber...

Kazuto: (Gotta love Mana Transfer... Good thing, I don't need to do it in a sexual way. Just need to touch him somewhere around his shoulder or neck and Mana Transfer instantly transferred! I don't want to be in a yaoi situation...)

(A/N - I... perhaps didn't see this coming. Thankfully I watched Extra Record and Grand Order Babylonia!)

Saber: But for Magi, their magic circuits...is something more important than their lives!

Rin: You're right. Besides, that would be equivalent to tearing off a network of nerves. If that happens, the entire burden would be on Shirou.

Shirou: Will that...work?

Rin: We'll make it work. But once you take off your magic circuits, as a magus, you will forever possess a fatal deficiency. No matter how hard you try, you will never be able to become a complete magus for the rest of your life.

Kazuto: (The thing is... I can repair that fatal deficiency... Will it change some things if I didn't let Shirou have the fatal deficiency?)

Saber: That is too harsh on Shirou-

Shirou: No, let's do it.

Saber: Shirou!

Kazuto: You're really sure about this, right?

Shirou: We have to win no matter what, for Archer's sake.

Rin: ...Okay, then.

Kazuto: Nope! I seek myself out! And remember! It's all about raising our chances!

There's no way I ain't going in that threesome to foursome!

Avenger: Master, what's going back there?

Kazuto: Nothing to be concerned of.

I probably forget about some of the plots but I know there's supposed to be one scene before fighting Berserker.

To be continued...