Part 12 - Tear Blood and Sky

After that discussion with Illya, I returned home and rest. Not until the clone of mine informed me that Rin discovered Shirou is the embodiment of a certain magic and he has no clue what he is capable of doing...

Wait... From what I remember... Shinji called Shirou just to be tricked in a trap made by Rider. Blood Fort Andromeda... Sh*t... Today's week isn't the best...

...

Huh... I just came to the school and the force field disappeared. I guess Shirou handled it with Saber... And the top floor just flashed brightly. Medusa used her Noble Phantasm to escape with Shinji.

The question... Should I follow them or... NAH!!! As much as I want to do that, I have to get Shirou back home.

...

Kazuto: I assume Shirou's awake and you explained the situation to him?

Rin: Yeah. Geez... What an idiot...

Kazuto: On that, we can agree. Always risking his life. Looks like I have to do better keeping an eye on him.

Rin: ...Why?

Kazuto: ...

"Kazuto... Me and your father may be enemies since the previous war... but I want you to be there for Shirou... Keep him safe and continue being friends for me..."

Kazuto: It was...a promise I have to carry from the old man.

Rin: If it's personal, I won't ask. At least, Shirou learned that he can't beat other Masters and need Saber.

Kazuto: Yeah...

...

Kazuto: It seems Fuji-nee is fine since she's asking seconds... I hope the Hospital don't get foodrupt...

Rin: When you say you're going to look for Shinji, you do have a good chance of winning, right, Shirou?

Me and Rin just drink our tea.

Shirou: Chance of winning... You mean beating Shinji?

Rin: If you're telling me that you're going to attack other Masters without a chance of winning, then me and Homura are going to laugh at you.

Shirou scratches his cheek.

Rin and Kazuto: Ahahahaha.

Saber: If it's just fighting against Rider, then there is no problem. Even Shirou should know that, since faced before.

Rin: Oh, really?

Kazuto: And got my arm stabbed. Good times...

Shirou: Rider isn't a s strong as Saber. If it's a one-on-one duel, I don't think she would lose at all.

Rin: What? So you did know that you had a chance of winning.

Then both Shirou and Saber looked at each other...worried?

Rin: Why do you two look so bummed out now? Are you saying there are other problems?

Shirou: Yeah... Listen up, Tohsaka, Kazuto. Even after being forced into a desperate situation by Saber, who's much stronger than her, Rider was able to get away with Shinji.

Rin: Eh?

Kazuto: She used her Noble Phantasm, did she?

Shirou: Yeah.

Rin: So Rider is the type whose Noble Phantasm is superior to her own capabilities.

Is it because her existence is closer to a Divine Spirit?

Saber: I could not confirm it, but categorically speaking, it was close to the magic you use, Rin.

Rin: That's weird, then. First of all, modern magic wouldn't even be able to hurt you.

Kazuto: True, one Mystery us rendered ineffective in the face of a more powerful Mystery.

Saber: The only Mysteries capable of piercing my armor are what you call "miracles" and the legendary creatures that dwell in the divine planes.

Rin: A magic user... Are you saying Rider is a magus, Saber?

Saber: No, I did not sense that much Mana from her. Her Noble Phantasm has nothing to do with Rider herself. It is probably not an anti-personnel Noble Phantasm like my sword or Lancer's lance.

Shirou: Anti-personnel Noble Phantasm?

Kazuto: Take Saber's sword for example. It is a weapon used to "defeat people."

Saber: Ultimately yes. No matter how powerful the Mana or spells placed upon it, it will never be anything more than an anti-personnel weapon.

Shirou: Then, Rider's Noble Phantasm is...

Rin: ...probably at the level of anti-army. It doesn't matter if her opponent is a person or a big boulder. I guess if you want to put it simply, an anti-personnel Noble Phantasm is...

Kazuto: A gun with unlimited ammunition whereas an anti-army Noble Phantasm is like a one-shot missile.

Shirou: Hold it! A gun is no match for a missile- Oh, I get it! If we're fighting against Rider, then we just have to defeat her before she uses her Noble Phantasm.

Kazuto: It's who attacks first means victory.

Rin: Bingo. The longer the battle drags on, the tougher it gets for our side. Well then, sorry but I won't be participating in the search for Shinji.

Shirou: Tohsaka.

Rin: I have my own business to take care of. I look forward to good results from you.

Kazuto: I have my own business as well so good luck. And be careful using Noble Phantasm, it might reveal the information of who they are to other Masters.

I gave him an advice before leaving.

To be continued...