Part 23 - Decisive Battle

- Ryuudou Temple, 3rd POV -

Shirou: Ryuudou Temple...

Saber: I cannot think of any other place but here.

Sakura: Kazuto Senpai...

Avenger: Don't worry, he's fine.

Shirou: You can sense it?

Rin: Caster already said it, he'll use him as a sacrifice. She won't kill him that easily.

Saber: But why Caster already plan to take you, Sakura? I was under the impression that you had no abilities as a magus.

Rin: ...She still has magic circuits left in her. After all, she's from a long line of magi...

Sakura: ...

Saber: Then Sakura, you shouldn't be here.

Sakura: No! Kazuto Senpai saved me multiples times... back then when we first met, when we were kids...

- Flashback, 3rd POV -

A young kid Kazuto was walking home from a tiring day at school, until he spotted an emotionless girl with purple hair and eyes, surrounded by kids older than her who are bullying her. He approached the girl and bullies, and stop it by throwing mud at one of the boys at the back of their head.

Boy 1: Who throw that!

Kid Kazuto: What are you idiots doing? Stop that!

Boy 1: Look over there, someone is trying to be a hero.

Boy 2: We should teach him not to meddle in people's business.

Boy 3: Yeah, let's get him!

They all ran at him intent on beating young Kazuto up, thinking it was easy due to the number advantage. But they're messing with a young devil.

Then a minute later the boys were groaning on the ground in pain, though not too damaged.

Boy 1: You broke my fingers WAAAAAHHHH!!! I'LL NEVER GOT TO PLAY BASKETBALL AGAIN!!!

Okay, maybe that leader one didn't get lucky enough to be mercied.

Kazuto approached the girl and stare at her for a moment, before kneeling down to her and giving the best smile he could do.

Kazuto: Are you okay?

Sakura: Why... did you help me?

Kazuto: Hmmmm... I don't know. Do I need a reason to help someone?

Kazuto looks behind to see the boys were gone and proceed to cast healing spell on Sakura, who stared at the green sparks.

Sakura: Pretty...

Kazuto: There you are healed. Now I better get going or Taiga oneechan will kick my butt-

Sakura grabbed Kazuto's hand, who was confused and look at Sakura.

Sakura: I-I...Can I come with you? I want to stay away from grandpa...

Kazuto: ...Sure, at least I have someone to explain what happened.

At the Dojo

*BONK!!!*

Kazuto: MY HEAD!!! Ouch...

Taiga: Fujimura Kazuto, do you know why I'm upset?

Kazuto: I don't know what you heard, Taiga oneechan, but-

*BONK!!!*

Kazuto: Ouch!

Taiga: No excuses, young man!