Part 25 - Distant Trace

Saber: Although I do not like to admit it, I do indeed know that Servant.

Avenger: And I know that bastard with him.

Shirou: Servant?

Saber: His class is Archer. On the last day of the previous Holy Grail War, I fought him inside a sea of fire.

Kazuto: By a sea of fire, you mean the Fuyuki Fire 10 years ago, right?

Shirou and Rin: ?!

Saber: I was not able to defeat him. No...

Rin: Instead, you lost to him?

Saber: ...

Shirou: Saber... couldn't win?

Rin: I wonder if they're weren't servants summoned up for this war, but rather one who stayed around after the last one. Only seven servants can be summoned in a given Holy Grail War.

Kazuto: If there were to be others Servant, then it has to be Avenger here and the surviving champion of the previous war. He obtained the Holy Grail and with it's blessing, was able to remain in this world.

Rin: In other words, that must mean that if you have the Holy Grail, you can keep your Servant here in this world.

Kazuto: What about Artorius Collbrande?

Rin: That's right I never read or heard of that name.

Avenger: ...Then I shall tell you, my story.

(Have you played or watch via playthrough of the game called Tales of Berseria? No? Alright, timeskip.)

...

Shirou: No way..

Saber: I would say he's honorable but he took it in another path.

Rin: And this Armatization, Daemon... wow...

Kazuto: That would means you're like Assassin, a fictitious heroic spirit.

Avenger: And I'll be the one who'll end him.

Kazuto: Either way, it doesn't seem to change the fate they're enemies.

Rin: Well, that's one solved. Back to Archer. What's Archer's identity?

Saber: Even during the last war, I was unable to figure out his identity. This hero does not possess any symbolic Noble Phantasms.

Shirou: A servant with no Noble Phantasm?

Rin: He just used a ton of them back then, didn't he? Shouldn't it be easy to figure who he is?

Kazuto: I guess throwing or shooting things makes you an Archer servant....

Saber: Do you recognize even one of those Noble Phantasms?

Shirou and Rin: ...

Saber: I was unable to figure out his identity either. Noble Phantasms... Symbols of their heroes... He has a seemingly endless supply of them.

Shirou: And it couldn't be a fake, either. They wouldn't be able to penetrate Caster's barrier like that.

Rin: Since we can't figure out his identity...the next question is, what's his objective?

Saber: At the end of the last war, he proposed to me.

Shirou and Rin: Eh?

Kazuto: Seriously?

Saber: Of course, I rejected it with my sword. I do not have that freedom to begin with. To be honest, such a jest disgusts me.

Rin: Well then... I should go take a look at Sakura now. She'll feel lonely if no one's there when she wakes up.