Home [5]

Phoenix and Sam watched the Winchester house intently as they sat in the Impala.

"All right, so, tell me again, what are we still doin' here?" Phoe questioned.

"I still have a bad feeling," Sam admitted.

"Why? Missouri did her whole Zelda Rubenstein thing, the house should be clean, it should be over,"

"I just wanna make sure, that's all,"

"Well, that explains why you didn't invite Dean for this little stakeout." Phoenix looked over at Sam "Does he even know you took the Impala?"

"Phoe. Look, Phoe!"

Phoe looked up at Jenny's bedroom window and saw her screaming "You grab the kids, I'll get Jenny,"

***

Inside Sari's bedroom, the figure made out of fire was standing by her closet. In the hallway, Phoenix rushed to Jenny's bedroom door.

"Jenny!" Phoe called out.

"I can't open the door!" Jenny cried.

"Stand back!"

Jenny moved back.

Phoenix lifted her hand and the door burst into splinters. She helped Jenny downstairs.

"No, my kids!" Jenny exclaimed.

"Sam's got your kids, come on,"

While carrying Ritchie in his arms, Sam went to Sari's bedroom, where she was screaming for help.

Sam went to Sari's bed and picked her up in his other arm. "Don't look. Don't look!"

They left the bedroom.

Outside, Phoe and Jenny rushed out of the house. Inside the house, Sam rushed down the stairs and put the kids down on the floor.

"All right, Sari, take your brother outside as fast as you can, and don't look back," Sam ordered.

Suddenly, an invisible force made Sam fall to the floor.

Sam slid backward into another room, crashing into a table.

Sari screamed and ran outside with Ritchie.

They rushed outside to Phoenix and Jenny.

Phoe knelt down to Sari's eye level. "Sari, where's Sam?"

"He's inside. Something's got him," Sari cried.

Phoenix looked at the front door and it slammed on its own. She balled her fists up in anger "Okay, now I'm pissed," The redhead repeated what she did to Jenny's door and hurried inside. "Sam? Sam!" She found Sam behind pinned against the wall by an invisible force, the fire figure making its way towards him. Phoe raised her hand towards the fire figure.

"No, don't!" Sam exclaimed, "Don't!"

"What, why?!"

"Because I know who it is. I can see her now,"

Phoenix cleared her mind from the anger and was able to finally distinguish the aura of the fire figure and lowered her arm.

The fire vanished, standing in front of them was Mary Winchester, exactly as she was the night she died.

"Mom?" Sam said softly.

"Sam. I'm sorry," Mary apologized.

"For what?"

Mary looked at him sadly but said nothing. She looked over at Phoe and gave her a nod before looking up at the ceiling. "You get out of my house. And let go of my son,"

Once again, Mary burst into flames. When she was entirely engulfed, the fire reached the ceiling and disappeared. The force holding Sam to the wall was released.

Sam walked over to Phoenix "Now it's over,"

***

The next morning, Dean and Sam were standing by the car with Jenny, looking through old photos.

"Thanks for these," Dean said.

"Don't thank me, they're yours," Jenny said.

Dean put the trunk of photos into the car.

Phoenix walked out of the Winchester house with Missouri.

"Well, there are no spirits in there anymore, this time for sure," Missouri reasoned.

"Not even Mary Winchester?" Phoe asked.

"No,"

"What happened?"

"Her spirit and the poltergeist's energy, they canceled each other out. She destroyed herself goin' after the thing,"

"Why would she do something like that?"

"Well, to protect her boys, of course,"

Phoenix nodded as she watched the boys look over their family albums.

Missouri when to put her hand on Phoe's shoulder, but stopped herself "You should tell them the truth,"

Phoenix sighed "I was hoping I would be a couple of states over before you realized,"

"Hard not to when that's all you can think about. What they would think of you if they found out,"

Phoe sighed "I'm hoping I can end this before they find out,"

"John Winchester is working this alone, and you see how far he's gotten. You need those boys just as much they need you. Just consider it,"

"When they're ready,"

"Phoe, you ready?" Sam called out.

Phoenix nodded and went to the car.