Asylum [4]

Kat continued to struggle with the door when Sam, Dean, and Gavin came running down the hall.

"What's going on?" Sam asked.

"She's inside with one of them," Kat cried.

Dean realized who was missing and grabbed a metal pipe, smashing at the door, then tried to jimmy it open. He continued banging on the door.

"Phoe!" Sam called out.

Phoenix turned around in the room and saw the ghost that had nabbed her.

The ghost was tall, heavyset, with long dark oily hair, and his face was a bloody mess.

"Dean, it's not going to hurt me." Phoe said "Listen to me. These spirits, they're not trying to hurt us, they're trying to communicate. And the only way I can listen is if you stop banging!"

Dean looked over at Sam who nodded. Dean sighed "Man, I hope you're right about this,"

"Yeah, me too," Phoenix turned away from the door and faced the ghost.

The ghost leaned in close to Phoe's face.

***

"Phoe?" Sam called out as the group waited outside the door in tense silence.

The lock clicked and the door slowly opened.

Phoenix stood in the doorway. "One thirty-seven." She looked at the boys "It whispered in my ear. 137,"

"Room number," Sam and Dean said simultaneously.

Sam, Dean, and Phoe moved aside and away from the couple.

"Alright. So if these spirits aren't trying to hurt anyone..." Sam said.

"Then what were they trying to do?" Dean asked.

"Maybe that's what they've been trying to tell us..." Phoenix reasoned.

"I guess we'll find out,"

They headed back to the couple.

Phoe crossed her arms "So, now are you guys ready to leave this place?"

"That's an understatement," Kat scoffed.

"Okay," Dean looked over at Sam "You get them outta here. Phoe and I'll go find room 137,"

***

Dean moved down a hallway until Phoenix nudged him.

Phoe shined her torch on room 137.

Dean pushed against the door, using his weight to push aside the broken furniture blocking it.

The room was a mess, filing cabinets pushed over, papers everywhere, the walls stained.

Phoenix shined the torch around, flicking through some folders lying in a cabinet, looking around.

Dean found a loose panel and pried it off.

Behind the panel was a satchel full of papers.

"This is why I get paid the big bucks," Dean gloated.

Phoe turned to look, taking a journal out of the satchel and flipping through it.

The journal contained many notes and hand-drawn pictures of medical instruments.

Dean looked over Phoenix's shoulder. "Well, all work and no play makes Dr. Ellicott a very dull boy,"

***