Faith [2]

Phoenix heard a knock on her door, she wiped away the tears and opened it to find Dean leaning against the jam. "What the hell are you doing here?!"

"I checked myself out," Dean admitted.

"Are you crazy?" Phoenix hissed.

Dean entered the room, leaning on everything within reach. "Well, I'm not gonna die in a hospital where the nurses aren't even hot,"

"I'm gonna go get Sam," Phoenix turned around, but despite his weakened state, Dean was quick to close the door and grab Phoenix.

"Come on, Phoe. Let a dying man die on his own terms,"

Phoenix shook her head "You know, this whole I-laugh-in-the-face-of-death thing? It's crap. I can see right through it,"

"Yeah, whatever." Dean looked Phoenix over "Have you even slept? You look worse than me,"

Before Phoenix could respond, Sam came bursting through the neighboring door that connected the two rooms.

"I've been scouring the Internet for the last three days. Calling every contact in Dad's journal," Sam said as he was still looking through the journal.

"For what?" Dean asked.

Sam realized it wasn't Phoenix who had spoken and looked up in shock, seeing his brother standing in the room with the redhead "Dean?! What the hell, you should still be at the hospital,"

"I checked myself out." Dean shrugged off "What did you find?"

Sam sighed "One of Dad's friends, Joshua, called me back. Told me about a guy in Nebraska. A specialist,"

"You're not gonna let me die in peace, are you?"

"I'm not gonna let you die, period. We're going,"

***

The Impala bumped along a rutted gravel road toward a large white circus tent set up in a field.

People made their way toward the tent across the very muddy ground, many on walking frames or helped by others.

Sam got out and ran around to help Dean.

Phoenix opened her door and looked around.

A sign next to the tent read The Church of Roy LeGrange. Faith Healer. Witness The Miracle.

Phoenix couldn't help but scoff at where she stood.

Dean grimaced as he began the process of pulling himself out of the car.

"I got ya," Sam assured as he tried to help.

"I got it," Dean snapped as he pushed his brother away.

Phoenix shook her head "Thought you said we were going to see a doctor,"

"I believe I said a specialist." Sam corrected "Look, Phoe, this guy's supposed to be the real deal,"

"Supposedly," Phoenix pointed out "This man could be a charlatan, you wanna know why these people keep coming, reverse psychology. He makes them believe that they're healed, they believe it as well as long as they've got enough change in their wallet,"

"Reverend LeGrange is a great man," A woman argued as she walked by Phoenix.

"Yeah, that's nice," Phoenix snapped.

"Maybe it's time to have a little faith, Phoe," Sam reasoned "I mean, how can you be a skeptic? With the things we see every day?"

"Because I've seen what evil does to good people,"