Faith

Sam, Dean, and Phoenix parked the Impala outside an abandoned house and opened the trunk.

Dean removed three tasers.

"What do you got those amped up to?" Sam wondered.

"A hundred thousand volts," Dean replied.

"Damn," Phoenix whistled.

"Yeah, I want this rawhead extra frickin' crispy. And remember, you only get one shot with these things. So make it count,"

***

Sam, Dean, and Phoenix moved down the basement stairs with guns and flashlights.

Hearing a noise, they moved toward a cupboard.

"On three." Dean whispered "One. Two. Three," He swung open the door, a young boy and girl were crouched inside, covering their ears.

Phoenix knelt down in front of the kids "Is it still here?"

The children nodded.

"Ok. Grab your sister's hand, come on, we gotta get you out of here. Let's go, let's go,"

They moved towards the stairs.

"Alright, go!" Dean told the kids.

Phoenix started to take the children upstairs, a hand grabbed her legs, knocking her back down.

The children screamed and ran to the top of the stairs.

"Phoe!" The brothers exclaimed.

Dean shot the taser but missed. "Sam, get 'em outta here!"

Sam threw his taser to Dean "Here take this!" he ran up the stairs and moved the children out of sight.

Dean moved around the basement on high alert, shining his torch into corners "Phoe, you alright?!"

"Dean look out!" Phoenix warned as a ragged, hairy creature lept up and shoved Dean backward.

Dean lost his weapons and flashlight as he fell. He glanced around, scrambled across puddles of water to grab the taser, and released it toward the creature as it moved toward him, electrocuting him.

Electricity moved from the creature through the water lying on the ground to Dean.

Both the creature and Dean shook and twitched, the creature fell, Dean lost consciousness.

Phoenix hurried over to Dean "Dean!"

***

Sam stood at the desk with a receptionist at the hospital, Phoenix was sitting belligerent in one of the chairs, staring at the floor.

"Sir, I'm so sorry to ask." The receptionist spoke up "There doesn't seem to be any insurance on file,"

"Right." Sam sighed "Uh, okay." he removed a card from his wallet and handed it to the receptionist.

The Receptionist glanced at the card "Okay, Mr. Burkovitz,"

Sam saw two cops waiting and walked over.

"Look, we can finish this up later," The cop claimed as he looked over at the silent redhead.

"No, no, it's okay." Sam nodded "We were just taking a shortcut through the neighborhood. And, um, the windows were rolled down, we heard some screaming when we drove past the house, and we stopped. Ran in,"

"And you found the kids in the basement?"

"Yeah,"

"Well, thank God you did,"

Sam saw a doctor walking towards them "Excuse me,"

"Sure." The cop nodded "Thanks for your help,"

"Hey, Doc." Sam greeted "Is he..."

"He's resting..."

"And?" Phoenix voiced as she walked up to the duo.

"The electrocution triggered a heart attack. Pretty massive, I'm afraid. His heart...it's damaged,"

"How damaged?"

The Doctor sighed in defeat "We've done all we can." he admitted "We can try and keep him comfortable at this point. But, I'd give him a couple of weeks, at most, maybe a month,"

"No, no." Phoenix declined as she shook her head "There's, there's...gotta be something you can do, some kind of treatment,"

"We can't work miracles. I really am sorry,"

***

Dean was lying in the hospital bed watching TV, he was pale and had dark circles under his eyes.

Sam entered the room.

"Have you ever actually watched daytime TV?" Dean wondered "It's terrible,"

Sam shook his head and sighed "I talked to your doctor,"

"It wasn't Phoe's fault." Dean interrupted "It was that fabric softener teddy bear. Oh, I'm gonna hunt that little bitch down,"

"Dean,"

Dean looked up "Yeah. All right, well, looks like you and Phoe are gonna leave town without me,"

"What are you talking about?! I'm not gonna leave you here,"

"Hey, you better take care of that car. Or, I swear, I'll haunt your ass,"

"I don't think that's funny,"

'Oh, come on," Dean laughed "it's a little funny." He sighed "Look, Sammy, what can I say, man, it's a dangerous gig. I drew the short straw. That's it, end of the story,"

"Don't talk like that, alright? We still have options,"

"What options? Yeah, burial or cremation. And I know it's not easy. But I'm gonna die. And you can't stop it,"

"Watch me,"