Dead in the Water [5]

Dean, Sam, and Phoenix walked out of the motel.

Dean opened the car door and Phoe tossed a duffel in.

"Look, we're not gonna save everybody," Sam reasoned with the redhead.

"I know," Phoenix shrugged as she took a seat in the back of the Impala and put it in her headphones, only to take them out when she noticed Andrea walk up to the Impala with Lucas.

"Hey," Dean greeted

"We're glad we caught you. We just, um, we made you lunch for the road," Andrea nodded to Lucas who was carrying a tray of sandwiches "Lucas insisted on making the sandwiches himself.

"Can I give it to them now?" Lucas asked

"Of course," Andrea smiled and kissed Lucas's head.

Phoe smiled as she got out of the car and helped the kid "Come on, Lucas, let's load this into the car,"

"How are you holding up?" Sam asked Andrea

"It's just gonna take a long time to sort through everything, you know?" Andrea admitted

Sam sighed "Andrea, I'm sorry,"

Andrea shook her head "You saved my son. I can't ask for more than that. Dad loved me. He loved Lucas. No matter what he did, I just have to hold on to that,"

Dean walked over to Phoenix and Lucas as they put the sandwiches in the car "All right, if you're gonna be talking now, this is a very important phrase, so I want you to repeat it one more time,"

"Zeppelin rules!" Lucas cheered

"That's right. Up high." Dean held his hand up for a high-five.

Lucas obliged, grinning.

Phoe smiled at the interaction before kneeling down to be eye level with Lucas "You take care of your mom, okay?"

"All right,"

Andrea came up and kissed Dean "Thank you,"

Dean thought for a minute, then scratched his head and went to the car causing Phoenix to bust out laughing. "Sam, move your ass. We're gonna run out of daylight before we hit the road,"

Phoe got in the car, then Sam. Phoenix smiled at Andrea and Lucas waving goodbye. Her fingers fiddling with the locket around her neck as she and the boys drove away.