27

It's been exactly a week since you last fought with Dabi's group, but for the past days, you were busy regrowing your feathers and there are some bald patches left on your wings.

"Where are you going?" Katsuki broke the deafening silence inside the room, making you immediately turn to him with a glare for surprising you.

Katsuko looked at you from your head to toe with a rather annoyed look on his face. You won't blame him since you're already wearing a nurse's uniform while trying to sneak out of the base where you and Katsuki were busy healing.

"Going to see my brother. Why, you wanna go on a date with me, boy? Sorry but I can't today." you joked while leaning your shoulder on the door, looking at him with a wide grin on your face.

Katsuki couldn't help but to click his tongue out of annoyance, "you better shut up I swear to God." he hissed, expressing his frustration towards your shamelessness.

You smiled, making Katsuki froze a bit. It was so natural that his chest kept on hurting. Without knowing the reason why, he could only stare at your now disguised self with a blank look. He wanted to compliment you, but he doesn't know the word that should describe you.

pretty? cunning? dangerous? beautiful? breathtaking?

Lilith's question kept on pondering on his head, he was left confused. He never understood the feeling such as liking someone, he was someone who never focused on such things before because being a hero comes first.

You walked closer to him before you gave him a soft punch in the chest before laughing, "I'll be right back. Be a good boy and wait for me, okay? Okay." you said before turning your back.

Katsuki never had the chance to reply and could only stand there, while watching you sneakily stepped out of the base. Katsuki had the urge to follow you and stop you from going all of a sudden.

what of something happens?

He felt a sudden sense of urgency crawl into his heart. He doesn't know where that all came from, but he doesn't like it if he's feeling heavy. It's like his heart was carrying something heavy that he couldn't muster to explain why.

Katsuki ran towards the door to catch up to you, but as soon as he swung it open, you were no longer there. You disappeared as almost as quickly as a bubble.

Subconsciously, Katsuki balled his fists before he turned his back from the door before shutting it close. Even with a heavy heart, he decided not to follow you and wait in the base just like what you told him to do.

But that was his biggest mistake. He should've stopped you before it got too late. Too late enough to lose you.

You looked around the hallway to see if there are any other staff or nurses around the area. As soon as you knew the coast was clear, you walked towards the direction where Kaito's room was found and as usual, you used the fake idea in order to enter his room.

"(y/n)?" the door automatically closed itself as soon as you took a step inside. Your face immediately lit up as you ran towards your big brother like a child.

Kaito seemed livelier than usual, and he looked like he was doing well in the past few weeks you were away. Feeling a little relieved about that fact, you slowly sat on the floor while Kaito was sitting peacefully on the chair he usually sat on.