14

⇢the following chapter contains gore, child abuse, abduction, human trafficking and forced child labor

⇢this is in your pov

⇢scenes are only made only fictitious.

(y/n) (l/n).
age 8
"the beginning of a monster."

-

(y/n)'s pov

-

i was only 8 when I realized that the world is cruel to those who are powerless. The world is never fair to those who are weak.

The world will break you every seconds of your life and it will continue until the day you die. Even for a powerless child like I was before knew that no one's going to help us.

We used to live a life without worries. Mom and Dad were heroes, and even though they are not that well known, they spend every second of their day saving other people from evildoers.

I admired them so much that they are willing to risk their life for people who needed their help. I, personally wanted to become like them - no, even better! I dreamt of being the top hero known in Japan, and be the richest hero of all time!

Our family and all of our ancestors had wings as quirks. They all had beautiful wings that can soar high through the skies and like birds it almost felt like we could reach the heavens. We lived together along with our grandparents and other relatives that belongs to the main branch of our clan. Living inside a compound filled with laughters and happiness seemed to be enough for me.

The day I manifested my quirk, it is said that mine was the most beautiful, they were large, and it seemed like I can fly way faster than anyone else. These wings are my everything, they are mine. And I have loved them for as long as I can remember.

My family loved them as much as I did. Mom and Dad would always praise me and Kaito-nii for having such quirks that can even surpass them as long as we train harder.

People would always compare me to my older brother, Kaito. And I must admit that Kaito-nii is way more talented than I am. Even though he had smaller wings than mine, he is skilled in everything. He excels in every single thing he puts his mind on, be it in physical strength, intellegence, and quirk — he is a genius, a natural-born prodigy that makes me proud to say that he was my brother.

Kaito-nii is 2 years older than me and despite being a 10 year old kid, he is already the alpha of his class. Kaito-nii really inspired me to be more like him! I want to grow like my parents and like Kaito-nii!

While me, the second child, had no power against him. Compared to a genius like Kaito-nii, I'm just a small fry. But despite the lacking, Kaito-nii never abandoned me. None of my family was there to judge me. I was happy and contented with the life I lived with my family.

But that wasn't for long. I should've known that the world will take everything away from me in an instant. The world is cruel, unfair and relentless.

A day after my birthday, someone attacked our parents at our home while me and Kaito-nii are at school. They killed mom and dad, and even worst, they took their wings off them. They took the only thing that makes them who they are and they took the lives of our parents.

Me and Kaito-nii went home only to see our family slained, their wings were all taken away from them. My younger cousins were decapitated, while the girls who are older than me got violated before taking their beautiful wings off. Our home was burned down too.

Me and Kaito-nii were the only ones left in our family. They mercilessly killed them. All of them. My home, my family, my happiness — they were all taken away from me in just a blink of an eye.

That was the first time I've ever seen Kaito-nii lost the life in his eyes as he watched everyone in the ground dead. I can still remember him holding my hand tightly while I was bawling my eyes out. If I was the loudest crier, then Kaito-nii was the silent one.

He never cried, but instead he stood there, eyes wide open while he watched the scene with his own eyes. He couldn't say a word, it was as if he was frozen in place.

Our home that was used to be a happy place for us are now painted in red. It was horrifying, a sight that you never wanted to see.

"Kaito-nii....has god forsaken us?" i vividly remember when I asked Kaito-nii while we stood there, watching our home get burned and corpse of our love ones everywhere.

The first time I've ever known the real fear was when Kaito-nii turned to me with a blank look on his face, eyes were as cold as the dead. His lips turned into a smile as he told me, "he's dead, (y/n). There is no god. If there was one, he already took everything away."

He said that. And that broke me even more. They broke Kaito-nii. They broke me. The world was cruel.

A little while after that, we were shunned and we started living on the streets. For a two young kids like us to live and sleep on the sewers, we were left by the society to die.

We had no food and water, we had no place to call home. Kaito-nii and I lived a life where we need to lick other people's shoes just to have a piece of bread to share.

Everytime we asked for food, the adults would beat Kaito-nii until he coughs blood. But Kaito-nii endured it to feed me, someone who doesn't deserve to live. I always thought that I am to blame for everything.

Kaito-nii was suffering because of me. But never did Kaito-nii ever complained about that. He would always let me eat even though there is nothing keft for him to chew and he would always say that he already ate even though I knew he didn't.

Kaito-nii will get beaten up but he still smiled. Kaito-nii is the strongest. He relied on himself and I depended on him. We tried to survive this cruel world, just the two of us, two young kids living on the sewers, sleeping on the cold ground, curled up together because we had no blanket to share, and sometimes, we sleep without having a decent meal.

We would always watch those kids inside their homes eating together with their families thinking that we used to be like them. We used to have everything.

We used to be treated as humans, too. We used to have a family, too. We used to have a home, a warm bed, and a food to eat, too.

I can remember those days where I cry to Kaito-nii, asking him why did this happen to us. Asking God if had already forgotten about us and Kaito-nii will always tell me the same thing over and over and over again.

"there is no such thing as gods. we only have each other, (y/n). This world is broken."

(a/n: i would like to add a note here that this chapter is a flashback from (y/n) aka your past in this story. this arc will be separated into estimated of 2-3 chapters or more. And also! This is not tied to any religion or religious beliefs. This is just a point of view of a child who lost everything. dont attack me aaaa ;_;)