16

(y/n)(l/n)
age 16
"the humans who became monsters."

-

(y/n)'s pov

-

I am already 16 and Kaito-nii is 18. And despite how many years had passed ever since we first held that knife on our hands, we didn't stop on being gladiators.

Hunt or be hunted. I am a firm believer of that saying. Because in the world you're living in, the weak gets eaten alive. You have been in death's door so many times before that you don't even fear death anymore.

Not fearing death, and solely waiting for someone to kill you. I have became a monster I wished I never became. Our quirks that came from a family that used their quirks for good, and now we're using them to kill people we don't even know who they were.

My hands and so Kaito-nii's are all dainted with blood. We became bloody murderers who seek freedom. Everytime I close my eyes, all I see was the sight of everyone drowning in blood. It was scary but I learned how to lived with it.

Flightless Gladiators.

That is what everyone calls me and Kaito-nii. Everyone would place their bets on us whenever we are up as contenders and they let us kill one another. Kaito-nii and I would always team up together and destroy them with our wings.

We learned about our quirks during battles and our experience made us an elite assassins. We make sure that once we step inside the ring, we are the only ones who're leaving alive.

That hero who bought us from the auction house had earned tons of money because of us but still, he still didn't let us go, but instead, he kept on letting us fight.

This world is corrupted. This is so sickening.

Kaito-nii grew up into a fine young man with a cold eyes like those of a murderer, and so did I. But because of it, we were able to eat properly, we were able to sleep in a place without hurting our backs anymore.

Of course guilt is still eating me up, I don't want to kill anymore, but I promised Kaito-nii that we will earn our freedom until our very last breath.

If one can only have freedom by being a monster, then maybe it is fine to be one. No one is there to save me and Kaito-nii, in our world where we live solely for killing others, there are no such thing as love, understanding, heroes nor even a god.

None of those exists here, just hatred, greed, villains and murderers. And whenever I look into my hands filled with other people's blood, my hatred towards myself for doing such things to other people is extreme.

No one hated me how much I hated myself. I hated myself for being so docile to think that they would let us go and have our freedom back.

Kaito-nii already knew that we're never gonna have our freedom because that bastard who bought from the auction house is having a good time selling us off in the coliseum.

"I promise...once we get out of here, we're going to apply a school, (y/n)." Kaito-nii would always tell me that while looking at a picture of a school while smiling.

"School? Do you think they'll accept us?" the fear of knowing what's on the other side gets me.

Kaito-nii nodded his head as he smiled, that was the the same smile he showed me when talked about that hero All Might before, "Don't worry about it! They said you can enter by applying for their entrance exam! You're going to be in highschool while I apply for college." Kaito-nii is my only friend, the only family I have left, that is why I promised I will protect him just like how he protected me when we were younger, "Yuuei will definitely love you, (y/n)!"