29

"S...STOP! PLEASE!" your eyes widen as soon as you turned your back around, only to see Nayuta aiming a gun at the head of the poor old lady who's house got burned down after you and Nayuta attacked a neighborhood part in Sendai.

It's been a month, after you started working for Nayuta. A whole month where you suffered injuries caused by your so called older brother if you don't do what he wants you to do.

"Nayuta, this is not in the conditions we talked about before going here." you grabbed his wrist tightly, moving his hands harshly away from pointing the nuzzle of the gun from the old lady. 

As soon as you agreed to work for Nayuta, you're working yourself non-stop, from committing arson, property damage by blowing few to many hero agencies, incrimination, false accusations, and in the vague sense, you did nothing but villainy.

You were a villain, but ironic enough, you didn't find anything you do fun. You were a villain but why were you developing a sense of empathy to your victims? Was it because you were doing this against your will? The answer was never clear, but every single time you went against Nayuta, he would beat you up.

The last time you failed to kill a hero, he pierces a hot needle on your tongue, leading you having your tongue pierced. It wasn't painful, but the healing process of the wound made you unable to eat for atleast a week.

Nayuta was evil. In the sense that you were no longer match for him. You were scared, but you had to do this in order to protect Kaito, and your three subordinates that are now held under the police and heroes' protection. You are sure that Nayuta won't be able to touch them atleast for now.

"What are you doing?" you shuddered as you heard Nayuta's angry voice asking you. Your grip on his wrist tightened before you lowered your head, avoiding his gaze atleast.

Clearing your throat as you answered him, "there is no need for you to sully your hands. The old lady can't fight back." you turned your head towards the old lady and saw her looking at you with a grateful look.

Your lips trembled.

Don't look at me like that. I'm not someone you should thank. Please.

Nayuta yanked his arms away before he glared at you again, "let's talk later." he said before he started to walk away.

A large blue flame was engulfing the whole neighborhood and you guessed that someone may die if they get suffocated in the thick smoke. The dusk wasn't also helping as it only made the fire bigger because of the wind.

"I'm so sorry." you whimpered at the old lady before you placed your arms around her, carrying her in a princess carry before your wings spread out, "I didn't mean to do this. Please forgive me."

Your eyes glisten before you sniffled. Your wings began to flap up and down as you carried the old lady towards the safe zone, where the heroes are. The old lady looked at you with both scared and gentle eyes but she neither said anything at you. There was no shout, nor contempt, nor even anger in her face, which made you more miserable.

At this point of your life, you just wanted someone to not forgive you. You wanted someone to judge you and tell you that they couldn't forgive you. You wanted to hear someone's hatred towards you atleast. You wanted them to hate you, for taking a lot of lives just to save someone. You wanted someone to punish you in the sense that you may atleast learn to forgive yourself if that makes sense.

You were a villain, but Nayuta was evil. You cannot defeat an evil if you're not a greater evil.

"It's okay. I forgive you." the old lady smiled at you, which caused you to flinch.