Chapter 2 - The new room mate

I'm now moving into a new dorm room. And have gathered a few things it's not much but they said I will be able to make it more mine when I can go out. I have been told there is a young woman who lives there too. Its been said her name is Beth and she is younger than me and sixteen. Joe has ben looking after me it is like he does one to one. His the only authority figure I have met here. And she has had more years of experience with magic as she has been doing it since she was young. And she can be very chatty and excitable.

We are approaching the room.
"Lily here is your new room. Shall we go in?" Says this guy called Joe. He is keeping a watch on me.

"I guess so, yes" I quietly say in response. will she like me ? Will she want to be my friend? Will I have any friends here.

"OK here we go"
He knocks on my new door and waits.

"Come in!!" A yell from the other side of the door. We enter. There hanging off upside down on the bed, with a big smile is who I think is Beth. "Hi you must be lily". She moves and sits up straight.

"Do you want to show lily around?" Asks Joe to Beth. I look at and see it it has has a lot of architecture to it. There is a little kitchen area just as she is about to show me.

"Joe!!" yells this voice from down the hall way "Joe!!". In comes a small women like a ball of lighting.

"Hello Maddie" he is face looking slightly nervous "is there any "before he finished she butted in.

"I don't want to live with Tash anymore" she looks to me "you must be the new girl. you look like you will survive this place good luck". She turns to Joe. "I hope you can sort something out" And then she went.

"Beth do you know Tash? Are you friends with her" he asked.

"She seems nice and I do know her." replied Beth

"Looks like you might have another new room mate" He smiled to me.

We move somethings in of mine. It's not much as we ran back to my I guess my old home. I packed a few things when my parents were out. I unpack a few important things to make it feel like home. I have clothes, toiletries, shoes, pj's and other things. The room is too big for one person.

Then later that night before I go to bed.

Beth's memory of to today it must be. Either that or it is some one else.

-

Ah!!! I'm hurrying around trying to get the place presentable for when lily comes over. I remove the rubbish off the floor. I'm too messy so I need to start being tidy. My little brother is trying to help me. His gone on the on campus shop to get my shopping food and cleaning stuff. I want there to be enough stuff so she is able to do things herself. A knock comes at the door his dropped off the supplies. I open the door "thank you" I yelled to the now empty hall with the faint sound of running away.

I lay on my bed reading trying to chill. I hear footsteps to it must be them.

-

It is weird knowing she worked that hard. But for me. Just as I think it is going. I feel pressure in my head. I think it is going to be another one. I don't believe it. At least it is two people I know.   

Joe's memory of the moment. At least it's him and not a murder. Unless he is one and no one has been bothered to tell me.

-

I have chosen to put Lily with Beth. I think they will get on. Beth last year had a difficult year so this might be good for her.  She has started earlier than others because living on site. So having herself a dorm for the first time and roommate will be good. And Lily will need a friend to guide her.

The room has a basic kitchen, three bedrooms, a bathroom, communal space and storage space. And the windows are able to given in a lot of natural light too. And with a shared door for them. There is also built in wardrobe space. I don't know how much more space they will need!!!.

-

Good to know we have too much space. Be fun to hide seasonal decorations. If they have anything fun here.