Chapter 14-Courtyard

As I watch from my window I then see Tash talking to Luke in the other courtyard. Then I heard this. Because the window was open.

"So how are you?" asks Luke "haven't seen you in a while and catch up with you".

"I'm ok" she lied smiling. She is mad with me and Beth.

"How is Lily doing? Think she's settled in well" He says smiling at her. His asking about me.

"Yeah those two are two peas in a pod" says Tash "Then sometimes Will joins them".

"Hey I think they are preparing for a proper conflict" Luke says looking now serious. I watch Tash's reaction.

"what you doing?" Beth says from behind me. I call her over.

"Shh!!" I whispered to her. And watches with me looking out the window.

"...Because it is only one off at the moment." Luke continues to Tash.

"Yeah I hope so too" Tash agrees. On the other side of the courtyard I see Maddie I have not really seen her since she barged in my dorm looking for Joe.

"Ah Luke has Ben your dad sorted anything out yet?" she yelled marching overly. Beth looks at me with wide eyes. I don't know what that means? Maddie reference? Oh yeah it is.

"I think he is thinking about it" He said to her. She glared at him with her hands on her hips. This looked serious.

"Well let him know I'm ready for war and where does he want me" she said. And then walked off. I turn around and saw Beth's face wide open.

I feel Luke come in for a moment. Just after Maddie leaves.

-

I look at Tash "It isn't me or does she still scary people?" I asked she let out a little snort trying not to laugh.

"No, not just you. I lived with her, she was very strict about things. Also I never got many mood swings" she smiled to me. "Do you think she has got better with age?". I nodded I thought about how she flooded the bathroom with her mind once. "The mortals think that people with down syndrome are innocent, sweet and cheeky. They would get a shock when they meet Maddie" I smiled. Maddie is powerful one. 

"I wonder will my brother be like her. I wonder if she will teach him a trick or two" I asked her with a smile. Her face looked shocked. I continue "With powers to play on the mind and hormones". She slaps me.

"Don't say those things it could happen" Then she gave me a playful slap. "Anyway I got a favour to ask you" Tash said with a serious tone. This sounds interesting.

-

It goes. Maddie flooded the bathroom is interesting. I think they seem to close to each other. 

I feel another presence. Pushing into my brain. I don't know who it is. But in real time it is out there.

I'm here  for the first time in years. I look around and see people in the courtyard. And two people spying on them. They cant see me. It feels great to walk around unnoticed. I look not much has changed since I been here.

 I look in classrooms to see if I recognise anyone. There I see her. Oh Lynn look at you. You have changed but haven't changed. But I feel you stayed in the chair more now. You use to be up and about more. You never wanted to use it. I feel a tear streaming down my face. I have missed you so much. I walk back through the courtyard. There is another one good old Ben. I want to run up and tackle him but I can't. They can't see me at the moment. Wait his not in charge is he?.

A young man who I do not recognise walks by me. He stops and looks around. I feel my heart stop. Then he carries on I feel a sigh of relief. Wait who is he I need to know now.

The place is still has a grand like appearances. The main building still has the stain glassed windows in it. And roof tiles a light brown muddy colour. Luckily I cant see those modern plastic windows either.  If we are in the mortal side I think it would be listed. This college looks like what foreigners think private, posh schools in the UK are like.

-

I don't know who he is but I don't like it  much. He better stay away from everyone.

"You ok?" I hear Beth realising I was far off in my emotions. 

"Yeah I'm fine".

"Well the window still doesn't look like it" pointing to the window still. I seem to have damaged it in my grasp. 

"Oh" I reply. Need to watch that. How did I do that?. Its burnt. Her head tilting at me. Her face full of concern.