Chapter IV

Two weeks later, I returned to the palace. I was delighted to be back there. The sky was as blue as the ocean and the air smelt as fresh as a daisy.I was brought into a waiting room. The huge double doors opened to show a shiny marble floor with 2 sofas filled with cushions as soft as the fluffy clouds in the sky. The room was filled with light and the windows were as clear as the surrounding waters and it was a ginormous room.

Sitting on the sofas were 4 girls. "Hello, Im Tsabin!" I said as I sat down onto the sofa. The girls seemed really nice and polite, almost like they were made to be handmaidens or queens even. "Nice meeting you! My name is Rabene and this is Eirtama, Suyan and Sashah." She looked at each of them and smiled at me afterwards. "Its a pleasure meeting yo-" The door swung open as Sashah was just about to finish her sentence.Two guards held the door and ushered us into the main room.

We walked into the throne room in a single file as if we were soldiers. The queen was waiting there for us. It felt strange knowing that she was the same age as us yet she had so much power and so many big decisions she had to make. One mistake and she could mess everything up. Not just for the Planet, but for the entire republic, or even the whole galaxy! In a way, I actually felt sorry for her. She was the Queen but she couldn't choose what she wanted to do or when she wanted to do it. Safety comes first, which means that she can go somewhere alone or meet the people she wants to see.

"Hello Ladies.Thank you for joining me here at the Theed palace today. I would just like to let you know that I have personally selected you to be my handmaidens." The rest of the girls were shocked. They must not of known like I did from the start. However, I was still happy to hear the news. I felt like it was a blessing to be working for the Queen. Then, we started to discuss our roles and what we wanted for the future. I was the Queen's decoy and I was proud of it. My job was to swap roles with the Queen. For example,  if there is an intruder, I have to switch with her.She becomes the handmaiden and I become the queen! How exciting is that?However, on the other hand, it is quite worrying for my parents because if something happens to me, they will not know and I will be the late 'queen', not Tsabin. 

"Your Majesty" Rabene said. "Yes Rabene?" she enquired. "I have a suggestion. What if we were to change our names to stay hidden and match you?" She had a worried look on her face and I think she was nervous that her idea was disliked by the queen. "That is a great idea." Rabene smiled and looked very confident all of a sudden, almost like she thought she was the queen's favourite. "Since you suggested it Rabene, would you like to start?" She nodded." I would like to become Rabé." All the other girls changed their names. Eirtama became Eirtaé, Suyan became Yané and Sashah became saché. Some of theme had dramatic name changes but some only had small changes. It was finally my turn. Sabé . It was perfect and suitable for me. The Queen allowed all our names and that is when I knew that I was officially part of the Queen's dream team.