Chapter VIII

Everyone was rushing around the palace, preparing for what was going to come for us. We didn't know when it was coming  or what it even was, but we knew that something was going on. Eirtaé and Rabé were packing all of the Queen's outfits and all of her dozens of headdresses into multiple large zip up bags.  I was running around packing things up just as I saw Padmé staring outside. She must of felt me there. "They are here, Sabé." I walked over to the Chrystal clear window and glanced outside. Standing there were troops and troops of battle droids and the viceroy commanding them. We looked at each other and we knew what to do. She handed me a dress that she grabbed from Saché earlier on. "Padmé I found a spare robe in the handmaiden's quarters." She took it and we ran to change. I helped her remove all her make up and did her hair the way I usually did it. I then put on layers upon layers of traditional make up. I did my hair like I usually do to Padmé. Then, she came over to me and I looked at her face. She has natural beauty. In my opinion, I felt like she looked more pretty without makeup.  Padmé was holding onto a gorgeous feathered headdress and placed to in my head carefully, as if she was crowning me queen. "You look Amazing, Sabé!"  "You too Padmé!" I ran to the nearest window and saw they were entering the palace. I suddenly heard them coming up the staircase. We quickly started talking about different signals and signs that we were going to use so she could instruct me on what to do. We left to the throne room where the rest of the girls were waiting. I whispered to them and then they looked at me worriedly.

I heard loud noises and saw a shadow of a group of droids coming up the stairs. Then the Viceroy appeared. "Queen Amidala. What a pleasure to meet you in person." He started into my eyes whilst doing evil gestures. "Viceroy I am sure that whatever you need to do is not necessary. We are alright and do not need to sign the treaty as it does not help us with our needs as a planet." I looked at Padmé to check if what I said was ok. she nodded at me and we continued on. "Your needs are being taken care of your majesty. Now I need you to come along with me so you can sign the treaty."

We were escorted down the staircase into the grand hall, which is very close to the hanger. 20 droids were armed and closely watching us. I cannot afford to make any mistakes. Queen Amidala is only there to help me out a little bit. The rest is on me. The blasters were loaded and Nute and Rune were standing in the middle of the large room. "How will you explain this invasion to the senate?" Bibble started at the droids whilst we walked. "The Naboo and the Federation will forge a treaty that will legitimise our occupation here. I've been assured it will be ratified by the Senate." I knew it wouldn't. His words were wrong. Nute is a liar and I despise him. "I will not co-operate." Padme gave me the signal of approval. He then continued to talk on. I dozed off as I was too focused on the safety of the queen.  I was scared. We were held at gun point as we walked to the detention camp which was in the Theed Plaza. Unbeknownst to us at the time, there were Jedi watching us. The jedi jumped from the balcony ledge and started to slay the droids with their Shining lightsabers. More and more droids appeared but they all ended up lying on the floor, lifeless. Some native gungan was there and I didn't realise. "Yousa guys bombad."he said. I knew he was a gungan because I have Half gungan half human cousins from my mother's side. They are mostly super sweet people. I suddenly realised that that was Jar Jar binks! He is My cousin Mad Mad's dad, which makes him my uncle. I never really told anyone that because no one would ever believe me and Mixed families get made fun of. Its such a shame.

I thanked the Jedi and then we were led into the hanger where we boarded one of the many Naboo Royal airships. We took of and off we went! This was my first experience flying! It was amazing! I've heard of crashes so luckily we did not crash when we lifted off. It was so fast and I was able to see the whole planet. It was priceless. I would pay anything to see it again. The shades of blues and greens underneath the thin layer of white,soft, wispy clouds made it more beautiful than I could of imagined!