Chapter 11・Trouble in Town

Lucy's POV

"Hahaha wait up for me! You know I'm not a fast runner like you!" I said running after a little salmoned hair boy. He still didn't stop and kept running farther and farther away, looking like he's about to disappear.

"No! Don't leave me behind... wait for me!" I begged for him, but he kept running.

As I see him running further, his body started to seem transparent. "Why? Why are you leaving me like this!?" I asked. "No... please don't leave me!" I begged bursting into tears as I kept running after him.

I suddenly tripped trying to catch him. I looked up to see if I could still see him, and I did. But he looked different somehow. As he walked close to me, he didn't look like the little salmoned hair boy I was chasing after. He was all grown up now.

I still couldn't see his face, the sun blinded my eyes from seeing it. I looked up and he was standing there with his hands out.

"Let me help you," he said with a bright smile that warmed my heart.

I grabbed his hands and stood up. I looked at him and I still couldn't see his face. I feel like if I find who this person truly is, then I'll be able to see him.

Mmm... salmon hair and a smile that warms my heart. This sounds like someone I know. Then a familiar face popped out of nowhere and reminded me. And his face started to become clear.
.
.
.
I gasped as I realized who it was. "Na-"

"Lucy!" my eyes shot open as I see Onii-san looking at me with a vexed look. "O-Onii-san!" I sat up in surprise "What're you doing in my room?" I asked picking up my pillow and throwing it at him, but sadly, he caught it.

"Since you're not waking up to get ready for your job... I woke you up," he said and my eyes widened. "Oh my gosh! I totally forgot!" I yelled as I pushed him out the door to get changed. "Oh and by the way, I'm coming with you too," he lastly said and went downstairs.

"I hope I'm not late and Natsu hasn't woken up up yet," I told myself as I ran to the bathroom to wash my face. When I got out of the bathroom, I quickly changed into my maid uniform, white knee-socks, black flats, brushed my hair, and put it in pigtails. I took a quick look at myself and rushed out the door.

I then remembered my dream as I ran out. What was I about to say? Ugh! I'm so forgetful once it comes to these! I pouted trying to remember, but I couldn't put my finger on it. I'll probably remember it later.

I finally arrived downstairs and heard my brother yell. "Hey! What about breakfast?" Onii-san asked me as I ran past through the kitchen, smelling the eggs. Just smelling the food made my stomach grumble. "I'm late already, and I'm suppose to wake the prince up!" I yelled as I opened the door.

"Ooh I really hope he isn't up yet," I thought running through the forest. "I told you that I'm coming with you!" I heard onii-san yell from behind me. I turned my head around and I saw him catching up to me as I run.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't have time to wait for you," I apologized. He just rolled his eyes.

As we arrived at the town, everyone looked very busy, and it was crowded too. "Well I'll leave you here now. Good luck on your grocery shopping," I smiled at him and waved goodbye.

I quickly ran towards the castle hoping Natsu isn't up yet.

When I arrived, I noticed that he isn't outside. I ran towards his room when I heard Virgo call out to me. "Lucy!" she said. I stopped running to look at her. "Why are you late? You were suppose to wake up the prince 15 minutes ago," she told me. I bowed down apologizing and explained that I over slept. After she forgave me, I ran to Natsu's room. Wow, I'm doing a lot of running that usual today.