Chapter 2・Missing Princess

The morning light started to fade away into the darkness. It was night time now and Sting's in Luciana's room taking care of her, showing things and saying what they are.

"This is called a doll, and her name is Michelle," Sting said showing Luciana a doll with brown hair, pink dress, and a pink hat. Luciana reaches out her hand to the doll and giggles. Sting handed her Michelle and she started playing with it. "Oh! I also have one like that, but it's a dragon. Wait for me and I'll be right back ok?" Sting told Luciana and left the room.

While Sting was gone, a dark figure came into the room and locked the door. It walked over to Luciana and she began to smile. "So you're Jude's new daughter huh? I wonder what would happen if he never sees you again?" he asked. He reached down to Luciana when a loud pounds came from the door. "Luciana!" It was Sting screaming behind the door.

The dark figure hurriedly carried her when... "White Dragon's Roar!" The door suddenly broke down into a million pieces and Sting ran inside. He caught Luciana in the man's arm about to leave the room. "Give her back!" Sting yelled. "Sorry boy but... this is probably the last time you'll see your sister," he smirked and used an unknown power to knock him out.

The last thing Sting saw when the man flew out of the room was his long, spiky, blonde hair. "Luc..ia..na." His vision then became blurry and fell unconscious.

All the servants came running to where the loud explosion took place and found Sting unconscious. Macao then ran to look for the King and Queen. "Your majesties!" he called to them. "Sting... he fell unconscious.. and.. Luciana's... gone," he said out of breath.

"What?!" Layla exclaimed. She and Jude ran to Luciana's room and saw Sting on the ground surrounded by their servants.

Layla ran to Luciana's bed and didn't see any trace of her. Only Michelle. She took the doll and held it close to her and tears fell down her face. Jude walked towards her and gave her a tight hug. He tried to stop his tears from falling, but he couldn't control it and ended up crying.

Jude ordered his servants to bring Sting to his room and take care of him. They followed his orders and brought him to his room.

A few minutes later, Sting started waking up yelling, "Luciana!" He got up from his bed and ran to his sister's room. But when he arrived there, he only saw his parents, but no Luciana.

"Mom, dad? Tell me this is a dream?" he asked, tears falling down his face. Jude and Layla walked towards him and shook their head. "No! We have to get her back from that man!" he yelled.

"You saw who took her?" Jude asked "No, only his hair," Sting replied.

"Well how does his hair look?" Layla asked. "He had spiky, blonde hair. And it was long too," Sting answered. "Do you know anyone with that hair type?" Layla asked. "I'm not sure. Anyone can have that type of hairstyle, but I haven't met anyone with one," Jude replied.

There was a long silence among the three until Jude said, "I think that guy works with the Dragneels." "Why would the Dragneels take her? We didn't do anything to them," Layla said. "We did. I remember when a drought came, his servants came to us for water, but we didn't give them anything. And Dragon Kingdom suffered for 2 years," he explained.

"Then they probably told that guy to take Luciana to avenge their people. I'm taking revenge and get her back. But if they don't, they'll face a great punishment," Sting said with a sly smile. Layla and Jude never saw this side of him before, and they started to worry.

With the Kidnapper

The man took his coat down and long, spiky, blonde hair fell down and his red eyes were glowing staring at Luciana. "Hey Luciana, say goodbye to this world because I'm going to be the last one you'll ever see," he smirked but Luciana giggled at him and gave him a hug. At that moment, his heart softened a little. "G-get off me!" he stuttered to yell.

"Da...da.." Luciana said smiling and tugging his hair. The man looked at her and gave her a faint smile. "Ugh! Why can't I kill you?" he asked putting her down on the grass. She stumbled to sit up, but after a while, she managed to sit. "Da..da," she said again. "Hey, I'm not your dad ok?" he told her. "Dada!" she said louder. "It's Zancrow, call me that," the man, whose name was Zancrow said. "Zzzaaa...cow," she tried to say. "Close enough."

Zancrow's POV

As this brat and I talked some more, I found it pointless. She could barely say words. Well, she is a baby so I understand. But what I don't understand is that I can't bring myself to kill her! I've killed many people before. She's not any different from them. But why?

Luciana started to crawl towards me and reached out her hand. "You want me to hold you?" I asked. She nodded in response and I picked her up and sat her in my lap. She's pretty smart being able to understand me. But why am I even doing this? She's the daughter of the person I hate the most! I'm stupid for doing this right now.

As she sat in my lap, her eyes kept on going down. "I guess you're sleepy huh," I told myself. I brought her closer to me so she could be warmer. She lights up my heart. I think that's why I can't bring myself to kill her. She gives me the warmth that I haven't felt in a long time. Well if I can't kill her, I guess I'll just hide her forever.

I smiled faintly again while staring down at her. It's weird that she makes me smile and no one else. Except if I'm about to plot something evil or I see destruction. But those are my smirks. She gives me actual smiles, like when a person is happy. Am I happy? Well I don't know the answer to that yet.

I then started to think that I should change her name so no one will recognize it. "Mmmm....Lu.. Lu..." I thought of names that start with 'Lu.' Lucinda.. Lucia... Luna... Lulu? Nooo.. those aren't bad, but it doesn't fit her. Then it popped out of my head. "Lucy," I said. Yup, that's the one.