Chapter 16・Celestial Spirits

Lucy closed her eyes, getting ready for the impact. "I guess this is the end." A bright, yellow flash suddenly appeared in front of Lucy.

"There he is," Sting smirked.

When the bright flash disappeared, a tall man came out with orange hair and cat ears, black suit, and black sunglasses appeared.

Zancrow slashed his scythe towards them, but he missed.

The mysterious man had carried Lucy and jumped into a tree branch. "W-who are you!?" Lucy panicked in surprise. "I'm Leo the Lion, I'll explain everything later, but for now, we need to regain that pink haired guy's consciousness. I know a way to defeat your brother," he replied as he set her down next to him.

"But I don't want him too die," Lucy said. "He won't, after he gets defeated, we just need to exile him," Leo answered. "E-exile?" Lucy questioned and Leo nodded.

"Lucy... I know I haven't killed you yet," Zancrow said with venom in his voice.

"Killed? Why does he want to kill me? I don't think that he's himself," Lucy said. "If he's not, then we'll have to figure out what's wrong with him," Leo replied and brought her down to the ground with the others.

"How's it been Leo? It's been a long time," Sting smirked. "It's been great," Leo responded. Gray and Lucy both had the same question in their head. "How do you know each other?"

"I'll go get Natsu while you distract Zancrow," Sting instructed Leo and he nodded.

Leo got out of the trees and faced Zancrow. "So it was you who saved my sister?" Zancrow asked him, with his scythe still in his hands. "You don't deserve her. You're even trying to kill her, how could a brother do that?" Leo asked going into his fighting stance.

"So you wanna brawl? I don't think you have chance against me... a Flame God Slayer," Zancrow smirked.

"God Slayer? I thought that they didn't exist," Leo answered. "Well you're facing one now!" Zancrow yelled and slashed his scythe at him.

"Regulus Blast!" Leo yelled and shot a large blast of light at his scythe, which made a large explosion. Both of their attacks disappeared, leaving them empty handed.

"You seem like a worthy opponent," Zancrow smirked. "Well it seems like you're not worth my time," Leo scowled. "Regulus Impact!"

Leo raised his hand, engulfed in light, and attacks Zancrow by sending the head of a lion.

"Flame God's Kagutsuchi!" Zancrow yelled and spreaded his arms and legs and unleashes a gaint ball of black flames around himself that countered Leo's Regulus Impact.

The whole attack left a giant smoke around their surroundings.

"Nice try, but that measly attack won't be enough to defeat me," Zancrow said through the smoke. When the smoke cleared up, Leo was no where to be seen, as well as Lucy, Natsu, Sting, and Gray's scent.

"Tsk, cowards. You'll be back any time soon for more," Zancrow said and fell unconscious.

・~・~・~・~・

"Natsu..! Natsu!" Lucy yelled trying to wake him up. Natsu started to move and opened his eyes. "Did we defeat your brother yet?" he asked sitting up and holding his head. Lucy shook her head.

"Then what are we doing here? We should take him down now," he said and got up from the bed, but lost his balance and fell back. "Don't move, you're too wounded to even fight," Lucy said and held his shoulder.

Natsu realized that he had stitches all over his body and looked up at Lucy, then to Leo. "Who are you?" he asked.

"I'm Leo the Lion, you could say that I just saved all your asses, and that I'm Lucy's knight and shining armor," he said and winked at Lucy, which made her blush.

Natsu stared at him in a she's-mine-back-off look.

Leo noticed and snickered.

"Anyways, I'm Lucy's Celestial Spirit," he said. "Celestial Spirit? What are those?" Lucy asked. "We're magic beings from another universe called Celestial Spirit World. We are abled to be summoned by opening our gates by using Celestial Spirit Gate Keys from our owners called Celestial Spirit Mages. You're my owner Lucy."

"There are two types of keys. Gold Keys that are extremely rare, and Silver Keys that are more common. And I'm one of the Gold Keys," Leo explained. "How did I become a Celestial Spirit Mage?" Lucy asked. "You were born with it, your mom was a Celestial Mage too, until she died. I was passed down to you."

"Even though you didn't know, we did. I remembered you when you were a baby, all cute and tiny. Now that your mother passed away, all her Celestial Spirits are now yours," Leo explained.

"My m-mother p-passed away?" Lucy asked about to burt into tears. Leo nodded and she sat down next to Natsu and bursted out crying.

"I'm sorry that you had to find out this way," Leo apologized.

Natsu pulled Lucy into a hug, knowing that she needed one real bad. "I'm sorry Lucy..." he whispered into her ear.

She let him hug her and stayed that way for a long time until she calms down.

☆彡。。。。。。。★彡

Sorry guys that this was a short chapter. I'll try to make the next one a little longer. And also for not updating on Friday, or yesterday. I was about to, but I got lazy. (-; ) also I was watching The Heirs.

That's another excuse why I didn't update. Anyways I hope you liked this chapter and I'll see you on the next one, hoping that I won't get lazy or hooked up into something that I don't update. Jā matane!
(^-^)/