Chapter 5・Punishment

The Next Morning

As Natsu woke up from his bed, he felt that eyes were staring at him, so he lit his fists on fire and punched the guy that was staring at him. But he felt hands stop his fist and something cold covering it up. He sat up and saw that Gray halted his fists and froze it up with ice. "Aah!" Natsu screamed. "Why are you here?" he asked melting the ice with his fire "I'm your bodyguard sooo... I was told that first thing in the morning is to watch you till night time," Gray interpreted. "Well I don't want you to. So go home!" Natsu hollered "Well I can't because it's MY job and I'll get paid!" Gray hollered back.

Natsu jumped out of his bed and put his fighting stance, as well as Gray. But then a knock was heard from the door, "Prince Natsu? Is everything ok there? I heard screaming," the voice on the other side called out. "Oh shoot it's Erza! Pretend that we're not fighting!" Natsu said in a whisper-yell tone. "Why?" Gray asked.

Natsu didn't get the chance to explain since Erza opened the door. "Who's this my prince?" she asked motioning to Gray. This is my bodyguard, Gray Fullbuster," Natsu responded. Erza walked up to Gray to shake his hand, "Nice to meet you Gray, my name is Erza, Erza Scarlet," she said.

Gray looked at her hand and slapped it away. "I am not shaking her hand, she probably has cooties or something," he said crossing his arms and turned around. "Oh no," Natsu said walking backwards leisurely. "you shouldn't have done that Gray," he continued to say. "Done what?" Gray asked and turned around to see Erza with a mad look. "What did you say?" she asked cracking her knuckles and walking towards him with an I'm-gonna-kill-you look.

Gray backed up as she walked towards him. "W-what are you gonna do? Give me cooties?" he said in a scared voice, but with a fake brave look. "No, worse," Erza said laughing evilly. Gray fell to the ground while walking backwards and Erza was standing above him. "Don't hurt me!" Gray pleaded. Then the door opened again. "What's going on here?"

"Oh I was just helping Gray up since he fell King Igneel, right Gray?" Erza lied with an innocent smile. "Oh y-yeah," he stammered getting up from the ground. "It's good you guys met each other. Now I want you guys to protect Natsu ok?" Igneel said to the both of them. They nodded in response and Igneel left the room.

"You got lucky you dimwit. Anyways Prince Natsu, I have to get going now. Tell this guy here not to do anything like that to me again," Erza requested and left the room. "Oi Gray. Don't do that to Erza, she'll kill you. And she's the toughest fighter around here. If you don't follow her orders, boss her, or disrespect her, she will beat the crap out of you," Natsu warned and Gray nodded shaking.

Natsu then got dressed and brushed his teeth hastily. "What are you rushing for?" Gray asked "I'm gonna go meet a new friend," Natsu replied. "Can I come? Since I'm your bodyguard and all," Gray spoke. "I don't care, just don't tell anyone," Natsu said and they both headed out the castle and into the forest(I think didn't say anything on where Zancrow's house was located. But if I did then I made no mistake then).

As Natsu and Gray arrived to Zancrow's home, Natsu ceased Gray. "What're we stopping for?" he asked. "I wanna see if the dad or brother is in there," Natsu answered. "So the guardian doesn't know you?" Gray asked again "Shut up!" Natsu silenced him. "Don't tell me to-" Gray's words were discontinued as Natsu covered his mouth.

"I don't think he's there, I can't smell him," Natsu said uncovering Gray's mouth and headed toward the house. He peeked through the window along with Gray and didn't see Lucy anywhere. "Where is she?" Natsu asked himself aloud. "She?" Gray asked "The friend your talking about is a girl? Ew," he continued to say. "That's not 'ew' Gray. You're messed up and sexist too," Natsu responded.

Natsu went inside the house and started to look for Lucy. "Isn't this breaking and entering? We're not-I mean you're not suppose to do that," Gray said. "Shut up Gray, you ask too much questions, I swear next time you keep on asking questions, I'm not taking you here anymore," Natsu told him "Ok fine, geesh," Gray said and kept his mouth shut.