Chapter 14・Unvarnished Truth

Zancrow looked at Lucy in surprise. His eyes widened in shock. He stopped engulfing Sting with his back flames and dropped him to the ground. "Lucy! W-when did you get here?" he asked nervously.

Lucy looked at Sting and back at her brother. "What are you doing to him?" she asked and ran towards Sting. She sat down beside him and put his head on her lap. "Are you okay?" she asked worriedly.

"It's.. b-been you.. all a-along?" Sting spoke softly as he put on a warm smile.

"What do you mean?" she asked.

"You-" Sting was interrupted when Zancrow stood Lucy up from the ground. "Don't listen to him. Let's just leave him and go inside," he said dragging Lucy.

She took her hand away from his grasp and looked at him in displeasure.

"You haven't answered my question. Why were you attacking him? And what was those powers of yours? You said you didn't have any," she asked.

Zancrow sighed.

"Sorry for hiding about my powers, but attacking him isn't any of your concern. Now let's go," he said trying to grab her arm again, but she didn't let him.

"I'm disappointed in you Onii-san," she shook her head and walked back to Sting.

"Sting, what's really going on here? Why was onii-san attacking you?" she asked. Sting sat up slowly and wiped some blood from his mouth.

He looked at Lucy and smiled.

"If only I knew from the moment I met you, that you were her," he replied. "What do you mean?" she asked.

"Lucy... come with me and forget whatever happened here," Zancrow said holding his hand out. Lucy looked at him and shook her head sideways. "I want to here from him," she said.

"You're my long lost sister.... Luciana. No wonder you had her features," Sting proclaimed.

"Sister? But I'm Zancrow's sister. I grew up with him since I was young. You probably have the wrong person," Lucy said.

"I know you're her. And I also know that he took you away from us," Sting said in anger as he pointed at Zancrow.

Lucy looked back at him. "Is this true?" she asked, tears starting to form in her eyes.

Zancrow tsked.

"I guess everything is revealed then. And to answer your question, yes. I stole you, I hid you. But I also took care of you, loved you as if you were my actual sister. I never even hurt you once Lucy, you're family to me now," Zancrow explained.

"I loved you too onii-san. But why take me from my family!? They never did anything to you!" she yelled sobbing.

"Yes they did! Your father did! Your father killed my parents. He never even thought twice of killing them. They pleaded for forgiveness! But what did he do? He didn't care... he never gave a fuck. Just told the guards to kill them without a care in the world."

"He killed them... right in front of me. And I wanted revenge. I wanted revenge so bad I started to kill people, hurt them. But then you came along, and taking you was the greatest idea I had. Having him experience the pain of how it feels to have a loved one taken away, that was the best revenge."

"I... I was going to kill you.. but I couldn't do it. I decided to care for you, love you. You made my pain disappear like they didn't happen. And I'm grateful for that," Zancrow admitted and looked at her with a smile.

"But did you think of how much pain you gave my parents? My brother?" she asked looking at Sting.

"Did your father think of how much pain he put me through? No right?" he answered with animosity.

Lucy's POV

I stood there. I didn't know what to say or do next. It's true that my father didn't think of the pain he put him through. But why did he kill onii-san's parents? If only he never did that, I could've been with my real family.

"Why did your parents get killed anyways? They must have done something wrong that made my father killed them," I said.

He scoffed.

"So you're taking their side now? You've only know them for a short while, and you've known me for all your lifetime. How can you even take their side and not mines?"

"I'm not taking any sides. I just want to know why you're parents were killed," I replied.

"They... didn't do anything," he replied.

"That's a lie. You know exactly what happened. I know what you did to my parents," Sting answered.

"Stop lying onii-san.... just tell the truth."

・~・~・~・~・

Natsu's POV

"No... it can't be her. She's my best friend, she can't be the one," I said as I walked back in forth in my room.

I started to think about Lucy. Her fair skin... beautiful eyes... why did you have to grow up to be so... so.. ugh!

My heart started to pump faster when a thought of her pops out.

Ba-dump

No. It's not her.

Ba-dump

No!

Ba-dump

Stop it!

Ba-dump

Ok ok. I give up, I can't deny it any longer. It's her. She's the one, alright heart!? Now stop beating so fast.

I sighed as I laid down on my bed. I must be going crazy talking to myself.

I don't think I can ever say this to her. It's too embarrassing. What if she doesn't accept me? Is this going to be a one-sided love?

I can't. I don't want that.

・~・~・~・~・

"Fine, I'll stop. But I'm not going to answer any more questions. Just answer me this. Now that you know that he's your real brother.." Zancrow paused to look at Sting, eyes filled with hatred.

"Who will you choose? Me? The one who cared and loved you. Or him? Your actual brother that you barely even know?" he continued.

"Why are you being like this? You're not the brother that I know," Lucy replied.

"I've always been like this before you came," Zancrow said with a heinous smile.

"Now.. who's it gonna be?"

☆彡。。。。。。。★彡

I'm going to have to stop it here minna. I'm sorry to leave you like this but the next part will be your decision.

So who's it gonna be? You guys choose. Sting or Zancrow.

Comment your answer and whoever gets the most votes will be the one that Lucy chooses to be with.

And thank you guys for all your comments and votes, I really appreciate that. I hope you liked this chapter. Jā matane!
(^-^)/