Chapter 22・The War Ends

A/N: Yes I can now update!! Gomen minna that I didn't update, well you would know the reason why if you read the previous chapter, if you didn't, then it's because I went out of town for vacation and I wasn't sure if I could get any internet. But I did so I was happy. Anyways I would like to thank all the readers that stuck with this story till now. Now on with the story

☆彡。。。。。。。★彡

Lucy's POV

After Sting took me inside the castle, I couldn't help but move around.

I couldn't stay still! I'm too worried about Natsu and onii-san. Why did I leave?! I could've stayed and we could've talked it out!

"Lucy sit down, it'll be fine. Natsu's a strong person. He won't be defeated that easily," Sting told me as he leans against the wall and crosses his arms.

"I know he's strong. And I also know that onii-san is strong too. What if they end up killing each other?" I question.

Sting walks up to me and hold both my shoulders and looks at me straight in the eyes. "It. Will. Be. Fine. Now stop worrying, no one's going to die, I know that for sure."

"Now just sit and relax Lucy. Spend some time with me too since I just found you," Sting smiles at me.

I sigh and nodded at him.

"You're right. But I'm just too worried to relax. I hope they're ok..." I say as I sat down on a couch.

・〜・〜・〜・〜・〜・

A few moments of waiting, I could hear all types of explosions going on outside.

I looked outside the window and saw Natsu and onii-san fighting intensely.

"I gotta get out there," I said as I rushed to the door, but Sting held my wrist and stopped me.

"Don't. If you go out there now... between their battle. You might end up killed. I've lost you once, and I'm never gonna let that happen again," Sting said with a teary eye.

I relax myself again and walks up to him, giving him a comforting hug.

"I'm sorry Sting-kun. I promise that you won't loose me again," I say as I kept hugging him.
.

.

.

.

.

.

BOOM!!!!

A very loud explosion was heard outside that broke our hug.

"What was that?" Sting asked. I look at him with sorry eyes.

"I-I'm sorry... I have to go check up on him," I say as I rushed towards the door, but Sting held me back again.

"No... I'll go. You stay here and be safe. That's what Natsu told me. To protect you, and that's what I'm going to do. Protect you," he says.

"But-"

"No buts!" He cut me off. "You're staying here. I'll go and check up on him. I'll bring him back to you, so just stay here and be safe ok?" He tells me.

I sigh and nod. "Fine, but be safe," I tell him and he nods.

He pats my head as he goes out the door.

I wait for a few seconds then rushed towards the window. I looked down and saw that I was way too high to jump.

"I wish Leo was here right now," I said, then a bright flash appeared next to me and Leo showed up.

"Leo! How did you get here? I thought only keys could open the gate?" I questioned.

"Well I'm always here when I'm needed Princess," he smiles at me, making me blush by calling me Princess.

"Well what do you need me to do Princess?" he asks.

"Lucy is fine, and I need you to bring me all the way down there," I say as I point down to the ground.

"I prefer Princess. And your wish is my command," he says and carries me bridal style.

"W-what are y-you doing?!" I asked in shock.

"Well you needed me to bring you down, so I'm going to. Hold on tight Princess," he said and immediately jumps through the window.

"Aahhhh!" I screamed as I held on tight to Leo.

A few seconds later, we finally reached the ground and he put me down.

"Thank you Leo, you can go now," I said to him. "Glad to be at your service Princess," he said and disappeared.

I ran towards where I last saw Natsu and onii-san fighting.

As I ran, I saw Natsu standing in the middle of town. I smiled to see that he's ok. But onii-san was nowhere to be found.

I was about to call out his name, but before I could, he fell to the ground.

I watched in horror. No.... he can't be!

Tears rolled down my eyes as I ran towards him.

"Natsu!!" I called to him, but he didn't move a muscle.

This can't be happening! He can't be!

As I reached him, I fell on my knees as I grabbed Natsu's body and layed his head on my lap.

"Natsu..." I said, my voice cracking.

I leaned against his chest and in my surprise, I could hear his heartbeat.

I smiled with tears in my eyes as I hugged him tight. "I'm so glad that you're okay."

I then heard footsteps near me and I looked up to see that it was Sting, with onii-san on his arms. "Lucy?" he asks.

"You found him!" I exclaimed.

"Didn't I tell you to stay inside?! Something could've happened to you!" he yelled at me, ignoring my comment.

"I-I'm sorry Sting-kun... I couldn't help myself," I apologized as I look at Natsu's unconscious face.

I heard Sting sigh and comes close to us. "Let's go, we gotta heal these two," he says and stands Natsu's limp body.

"A little help here?" Sting asks. I quickly held Natsu up to take some weight off of Sting.

"You must be real strong to carry two men," I complimented. "Well I've been working out these past years since you disappeared," he replied.

I smiled at him, while he smiled back.