PROLOGUE.

zero, act one. prologue.

olive artemis adria was a kid who bounced from place to place - foster home to foster home. her parents died when she was ten, leaving her in the hands of child services.

she lived in new york for a large period of her life, growing up there, making good friends, and even helping one of her best friend's mom in a café. washing dishes was ... okay.

but then being forced to say goodbye to people she'd known basically all her life, she spent a bit in california - that wasn't fun.

england was somewhere .. different. all the people spoke differently, and kids olive's age would look at her strangely due to the american accent. her foster parent, carmen, took a serious liking to the little girl.

olive had an attitude on her, but not to the point of being disrespectful until she needed to be. and olive liked carmen just as much. and before she knew it, a bedroom was being painted a light shade of green. just for her.

now this moment, olive remembers distinctly. it's her most favorite story to tell - the moment where she met her very best, awesomest friend, tom simons; or tommy, she preferred to call him.

- may sixteenth, 2015

olive sat outside the front door steps of her new house. the weather was okay, and the sound of birds were chirping from the bird bath by the tree next to her.

there was a boy next door. he was blonde, with what looked like blue eyes (from what olive could tell). she was yet to make any friends, and the boy looked just about her age.

the boy had noticed her as well. there was a stare-off sort of thing going on, in which neither of them were planning to break. they so obviously wanted to talk to each other, but who was going to crack first?

he blinked due to the wind. he rolled his eyes and walked over to where the fence was on his side. olive did the same, each of them facing each other over the white fence.

"hi!"

"hello!" olive grinned. well, he seemed nice. "what's your na-"

"you're new to this neighborhood, right?" he asked, not bothering to introduce himself first. olive was planning on getting there, but okay. "my mum works with the lady your living with. she's very nice."

olive smiled. "yeah. she's my new mom."

"you're american?!"

"oh boy."

- august seventh, 2021

cut to the future. tommy is a minecraft youtuber and twitch streamer, eventually getting olive to join him when they turned fourteen. she streamed more horror, but they were both in the dream smp.

tommy was grounded. he yelled too loud while streaming, and since he did it on a school night, his phone was taken along with the cord to plug in his pc.

olive grabbed a flashlight and shined it into his window. they both faced each other, so morse code was their absolute best friend.

clicking it on and off multiple times, tommy opened his window and rubbed his eyes. he grabbed his flashlight and shined it in olive's eyes.

"what the fuck?" she whisper-yelled, shielding her eyes so tommy couldn't blind her anymore.

"yeah, you don't like it very much either, do you?"

"i'm gonna - shove this flashlight up your ass!" olive held up her flashlight in a way to show it off.

"i'm shaking in my boots, liv." tommy said with a straight face.

this was going to be a long night.

- olive !
new and improved deja vu
lets go??