x, money power glory.

act one, chapter ten. money power glory.

olive had never been more busy in her life.

heartbreak struck her, but life moves on. she has to move on. so her way of doing this: loading a ton of things on her plate so that way she never had time to think of tommy.

she did not cry at night.

"livie, are you awake?" her mother opened the door slowly, as if giving olive time to finish whatever she was doing before her mom was welcomed to the sight of it. "oh ..."

slumped over her desk, olive drooled onto her media paper that was supposed to be finished last night. in which case, she did finish, and printed — but olive was unsure how mr baker would feel about having drool on it.

the room was a mess.

plates were everywhere, along with soda and arizona tea cans. not to mention the several energy drinks that olive used to keep herself awake through the night. she couldn't remember the last time she got a good night's sleep.

"honey, i —"

carmen looked as though she did not know where to begin. the room smelled terrible. it was already three pm, and olive was lucky for it to be on a saturday.

wait — what's the date again?

and she awoke with a sudden shock through her body, the paper sticking to her cheek before it was ripped off.

"what time is it? what day is it? oh fucking fuck!" olive looked around desperately for a clock and something to tell her the date. she wiggled her mouse to awaken the pc. "MOTHER —"

"watch it!" carmen cut the girl off. "what's happening today?"

olive leaned back in her seat stressfully. "mcc is today. and i haven't practiced since two weeks ago."

the desk was crowded with different things. whether it was a hang man game she played with herself, or a tic tac toe game she played by herself, it was sprawled out everywhere.

a deck of cards, a bag of chips — oh, scratch that. multiple bags of chips. drink cans, a bowl of chopped up banana that seriously has gone bad, origami, her media essay, and a book that contained of literally everything.

whether it was doodles, or poems, or quotes she really liked, it had everything.

"olive," carmen said sternly. "why have you let your room get like this?" she motioned around the room. "what's going on?"

the brunette plopped down on the available space of her bed. "tom mother fucking simons happened." she groaned. "i never wanna leave this room, just leave me here to die."

olive covered herself with a blanket, which carmen removed.

"tell me what happened."

then olive spent the next fifteen minutes explaining everything that had gone down, half of the time was just her talking about how everything is tommy's fault and how she never wants to see him again.

"i wouldn't go that far, livie," her mother shrugged. "he's your best friend —"

"was my best friend," olive scoffed. "he's dead to me now."

carmen rolled her eyes. "you're so dramatic. i understand that you're very upset at him, but have you ever considered that he felt as though he can't escape that relationship? maybe he wants to be with you?"

olive looked stone faced at her mother, before bursting into laughter.

"yeah, no. he was going to kiss me, mom!" olive's heart burst at the memory. "knowing that he had a girlfriend! hell, i wanted to kiss charlie springsteen when i was dating collin, but i still didn't! because loyalty matters."

"so you feel bad for catherine?"

"no."

"why not?"

"because life was perfectly fine without her. she came in and took tommy away from my side like he's some sort of object!" the girl sighed. "tommy deserves better. and plus, catherine hates me for no reason! i've been so nice to her."

"catherine made you realize your feelings for tom, though."

olive scoffed. "i don't care what she made me realize! they're both dead to me. this is why i'm going dark on twitter. hashtag no one understands me."

carmen flicked her forehead.

"olive artemis adria. i've raised you since you were eleven years old, and if anyone knows you, it's me," carmen sat down beside olive. "i know you're upset at tom, and that's perfectly okay. he did do some wrong things. but i don't think you should just cut him off like that —"

"i'm going to do as i please, and no one can stop me," olive made a hmph! noise as though she was a child. "now i have a minecraft championship to practice for."

carmen sighed and left the room.

i am so right! tommy lied to me, and who cares that i still love him? i'll get over it.

and olive could've gone blind due to the concentration of the stare to her computer screen.

I AM SO GOING TO WIN THIS FUCKING CHAMPIONSHIP.

olivefromthegarden has gone live!
"BLUE BATS WINNERS POV
FOR MCC #bigW #dub #yourmom
(w/ dream, sapnap, and ranboo)"

"hello," olive dragged out her word. the dark circles under her eyes were unable to be covered by makeup, and you could clearly tell that olive spent most of her previous nights awake. "how is everyone?"

hamiltonfan, babe have u slept

"i'll sleep when i'm dead," olive grinned. "let's play some minecraft and i'm going to pretend like i'm not a loser for doing this. GIVE ME MONEY!!!!!"

ghostbustered just gifted 100 subs!

olive gasped. "uhh, user ghostbustered!! thank you for the ... hundred subs! holy shit — you are awesome dude."

ghostbustered, retweet upvote

"anywho," olive smiled and looked directly into her camera. "i'm going to win this shit. and anyone who says otherwise is going in the deathnote notebook."

she opened the notebook to a page of people's names.

DREAM (bastard) dies from wheezing too hard
JACK MANIFOLD dies from goat
TOMMYINNIT dies uhh that's it

olive remembered writing these names down on stream one time. dream, because he killed her a total of fifty one times in a minecraft server.

jack, because he pushed her into manure when filming a vlog for his channel. he never did buy her that shirt again.

and tommy, because he used a minecraft pickup line when he walked through her door on stream.

"are you sand? 'cause i'm falling for you."

she smiled at the memory. but wait; we aren't smiling about him anymore.

"let's win this shit, fuckers."

olive !
olive in the state of busying herself
to distract everything from her mind
is me because yes