xvi, kilby girl.

act two, chapter sixteen. kilby girl.

personally, if you were to ask charlie springsteen's opinions on olive adria, this is what he would say —

hilarious. charlie finds himself to truly be himself around the girl, and his ribs always hurt when hanging out with her. she by far, has the greatest humour you'll ever come across.

supportive. charlie has known olive since primary school — and ever since she stood up to that guy collin for taking his sixty four pack of colored pencils, he knew that was someone who he wanted to be friends with.

best baker on earth. olive used to make cookies (or any kind of bakery snack) for charlie, tom, eryn, freddie, and herself when they were all a decent friend group. she never disappointed.

gorgeous. no one could deny how pretty the brunette was. but that wasn't his first thing to say — personality, over looks. always.

when the friend group split, it wasn't on bad terms. he still waves at tom when they pass by each other. he lives by eryn; he says hi when they happen to see the other. charlie was still great friends with freddie.

the reason the group split was simply because they were growing up. they were all headed off to different places, different courses. though charlie's still at school with tom and olive, but he didn't go into media.

though olive still walked with him, and talked with him, and did all the things she used to do. and honestly, charlie has had a crush on the girl since she stood up for him in primary.

so he walked to her house. she had a cold, as far as he knew — so with some of her favourite soup in hand, he made his way to the place he found himself going far more often than before. can't say he didn't mind it.

waving at tom, who had been taking the trash out with a slight upset look on his face when he saw charlie marching up the steps to olive's house, he knocked on the door.

"charlie! what a pleasant surprise," carmen, olive's mother smiled and welcomed him into the house. charlie took his shoes off. "olive's got a cold, dunno if you know."

charlie nodded knowingly. "she texted me a bit ago. brought her some soup, if you don't mind me going up there?" his statement sounded more as though a question.

"by all means."

and there he stood now, at the end of her bed and watched her take a sip of the broccoli cheddar soup. it was her favourite when they were kids.

"so?" he grinned. "tell me it doesn't taste like shit — my mum helped me make that."

olive let the sweet sound of her laughter arise. "it's not shit. it's really good! i'm surprised you still remember my favourite soup. it's been so long since the last time i was sick."

"speaking of, how did you manage to get yourself sick?"

"i don't wear jackets in the beginning of november. that's how," olive smiled guiltily and pulled her comforter up more as she continued sipping the soup. "what're you doing here? i'm gonna spread my disease to you." she joked.

charlie now sat down. "right... what i wanted to talk to you about — or, what i wanted to tell you, was — uh — right," he was quite nervous, fiddling with his fingers. "i like you, olive."

and olive smiled. she liked charlie too — this was her slowly getting over tommy. as long as she could avoid him for the rest of her life, it would be perfect.

sucks they're next door neighbours. maybe carmen would be open to moving.

"i like you too, charlie."

and he moved closer to her — seeming as though he might lean in for a kiss. not yet, olive thought. not now.

"i'm deadly sick, charlie," she chuckled, he could feel her warm breath against his face. "i dunno if kissing would be the smartest choice right now."

"nothing i wouldn't do for you, ollie."

and they kissed — olive didn't necessarily feel fireworks, like one should when they kiss someone they like. this must be something a person grows into, olive thought.

but the nickname charlie called her pained olive's heart.

it hurt to hear it come out of something other than tommy's mouth.

charlie !
a new pov? we prob wont see
anymore of this but i wanted
to switch it up ya know

also i have no school tomorrow
cause of veterans day uhh my
brother is in the marines idk

he got drunk and broke his ankle
by falling down stairs though so
idk how well that's gonna work