xii, don't blame me.

act one, chapter twelve. don't blame me.

olive believed in karma. saying this meaning, it comes back to bite everyone in the ass, whether you like it or not. she'd done plenty of bad things in her life — it always came back to her.

tommy would get his karma, just sooner, per say, rather than later.

"tommy?"

olive knew he came down to brighton quite often, but it was unexpected for him to visit on halloween. ranboo's birthday is in a couple days, but olive distinctly remembering that he wouldn't be able to make it, and neither would she due to it being on a college day.

they always stay home for halloween. pass out candy to trick or treaters, and maybe olive realized the reason he left nottingham was simply because she was not there.

"what the fuck."

okay, anger! cute, fun, awesome ... olive didn't need to see his face right then and there. it had been such a good night — but life is like a boxing match.

and olive swung.

so hard, indeed, that she might've broken tommy's nose. he let out a groan of pain when she did, and he leaned back as he held his nose, as though it would fall off any second.

"okay, well deserved." tommy sniffled, blood rushing down from his nose as he held it up. olive felt no inch of regret.

"uh, yeah. you did," olive scoffed, swinging her wrist around. "why are you here, tommy? it's nearly eleven."

tommy rolled his eyes, though it was almost so dark to the point where olive could barely see it. "couldn't i ask you the same? you never come down to brighton."

"not important," olive sat on the rocks beneath her. she felt tommy sit beside her. "don't remember asking you to sit, but okay."

he scoffed. "how've you been?"

"just dandy."

tommy nodded, not knowing how to break the ice. she shivered slightly.

he muttered a 'here' and took of his sweatshirt before handing it to olive. she took it in an annoyed tone, but it was cold and the end of october. she was not going to deny a sweatshirt.

"why're you an idiot?" olive asked, right off the bat. this earned a pained chuckle from tommy. he was still holding his nose.

"i dunno," tommy said. "it's like asking you why you can punch so damn hard."

this upset olive in the slightest bit. a serious answer would be nice. this is a serious conversation, after all. that's at least how she was taking it.

"tommy, you were going to kiss me."

"yeah."

"why?"

"because i love you, ollie."

she looked down to her lap. "so why are you dating her? because, god, you keep saying you love me but then you stay dating another girl. it's a weird way to show you love someone."

"was dating her. pass tense," tommy breathed. "i broke up with her two days ago."

"why?" olive repeated once more.

"because i love you?" tommy said the same thing again, but it sounded more of a question than a statement.

it sounded as though he was simply saying what he thought olive wanted to hear.

"don't tell me that," she sighed. "don't tell me what you think i want to hear."

"well what am i supposed to say, olive?" tommy stood, making the girl repeat his actions. his voice grew louder. "i love you so much, and i'm trying to tell you that but you're not willing to accept it."

"as much as i want to, i can't, tom," olive took of the sweatshirt, the cold hitting her once more. "i love you too. but not in a time like this. not when you've just broken up with catherine and you run to me and think that everything is going to be fine.

"because it's not. god, i really thought about forgiving you — but you think that us dating will make everything go away? news flash, it won't."

"ollie, i —"

"fucking save it." olive scoffed, shoving the sweatshirt into his hands and walking off.

tommy smelt it before putting it back on — letting go of his nose temporarily.

it smelt like cinnamon rolls.

END OF ACT ONE.