iii, breakfast.

act one, chapter three. breakfast.
mention of abusive relationship.

if olive was being completely honest, she liked catherine. she was sweet, respectful, and holy shit — can she hold a camera.

before, tommy and olive met up in the meeting part of their houses. but now, they meet in the middle of the street — still in the middle of their houses, but also right in front of catherine's.

if olive was being completely honest, she liked catherine. she was sweet, respectful, and holy shit — can she hold a camera.

wait, didn't she already say that?

"tommy, do you have food?" olive was starving. catherine was running late and there wasn't going to be enough time to stop there.

tommy handed the rest of his bagel to her.

"thanks king."

"SORRY! sorry i'm late," catherine came running out of her house, still putting a jacket on. "not used to waking up this early."

tommy waved her off. he was up streaming late last night as a celebration for getting ungrounded. olive would know — she was there beside him.

"it's fine," olive yawned. "late night?"

"not really."

"oh."

olive hated dry conversations. it made walking to school so much less tolerable, and annoying. when it was just her and tommy, they used to sing as many hamilton songs as possible.

"it's a bit cold, huh?" olive asked, trying to keep the conversation alive. "at least i am."

"yeah," catherine agreed. we're getting somewhere! olive thought in triumph. "it's not as cold in brighton."

olive nodded. that's it? that's the whole conversation?

"we know a few people in brighton," tommy talked for once. "we go there pretty often."

"oh, family and such?" catherine asked, suddenly much more intrigued in what tommy had to say, rather than olive.

"you could call them that," he thought fondly of the meetups between tubbo, olive, wilbur, george, ranboo, and him. "so you only moved out here for school? what, does brighton not have good schooling, or something?"

"it has fine schooling," catherine shrugged. "my dad's work had a bit to do with it as well."

and with that, it was completely silent on the way to school.

and olive hated every minute of it.

"hey freaks," collin dupline teased olive and tommy every time they came across each other. "did you play any minecraft last night?"

olive sighed.

"no, but do you know what i did do?" she raised her eyebrows. "i fucked your mom! sorry if we were a little loud." she shrugged, and this made both catherine and tommy laugh.

"is that all you can say?" collin rolled his eyes. "get a better comeback."

"fuck you, and everyone who likes you, dupline," olive scoffed, pushing him slightly. "oh wait! no one likes you because you're so fucking annoying and unbearable to be around!"

"that's not what you thought last year." collin whispered, and this sent shivers down olive's spine. not the good shivers, though. bad shivers. the kind she used to get when —

nevermind.

"yeah. that's what i thought," he said once olive stayed silent. "see you later, adria."

god. that was terrifying.

"you okay, ollie?" tommy put his hand on her shoulder, taking her out of her trance.

"fine."

"am i missing something here?" catherine furrowed her eyebrows. "it's clear that guy is an asshole, but liv was totally standing up to him until he whispered something. can i ask what just happened or?"

olive looked down.

"it's a issue we don't like talking about much." tommy said.

"well, what has he done?" catherine asked, very oblivious to the situation. was it not clear that olive did not want to talk about this? "he can't be that bad, right?"

"not that bad?" olive scoffed. "the question isn't 'what has he done'. the question is 'what hasn't he done'."

olive walked alone to her classes that day.

olive !
no one else was in the room where
it happened the room where it happened
the room where it happened