ii, stargirl interlude.

act one, chapter two. stargirl interlude.

tom simons thought his life was great. in which it was — he had the bestest friends in the world, and his career was skyrocketing.

life was excellent.

"my mom says we should introduce ourselves to the new neighbors," his best friend since eleven said, absentmindedly scrolling through her phone while laying on his bed. "there might be someone our age there."

"where eryn used to live?" tommy gasped. "rip. may king rest in peace."

wow. they literally shared a mind.

"yeah. i wanna say hi but i don't at the same time," olive put her phone down. "wanna play a game? whoever loses has to say hi first?"

"you're on."

olive sits up. "we go back and forth saying 'balls', but we get louder and louder — whoever gives up first loses and has to say hi."

tommy looked as if he was about to say no. but if he did, that's an automatic forfeit and he would have to say hi first — and tommy doesn't lose.

"balls." he whispered.

"balls!" olive yelled. oh, right to the chase — okay.

".. balls!" tommy yelled slightly louder.

"BALLS!"

"BALLS!"

"BAL —"

"tom simons and olive adria!" tommy's mother yelled up the stairs, cutting off olive's sentence. "if either of you shout that word once more, i'm putting bars on both your windows!"

tommy laughed at olive, considering it was her turn.

she stopped for a moment, contemplating what she was going to do next. tommy watched her intensely, before she got up out of green her seat and smacked him in the face.

"i'm gonna go tell this girl that you have rabies —"

"OLIVE! NOOOO —"

tommy chased olive down the stairs, both of them crashing into the wall as they made the sharp turn. both stopped in their tracks, seeing who was at the door, speaking to tommy's mother.

"i mean — hi, i'm tommy," he introduced himself, clearing his throat and shaking the unknown person's hand. "nice to meet y- woah."

who is that? they were beautiful. wavy hair, where it was kind of red but not too red to the point where tommy would compare them to ed sheeran. they had freckles, and green eyes — tommy saw a bit of olive in them.

at that moment tommy didn't know if he was talking about the color or the person.

"catherine," the girl smiled and took tommy out of his trance. "nice to meet you!"  she turned and shook olive's hand as well.

"olive, you can call me liv," his best friend grinned. "where'd you move from?"

"brighton!" catherine smiled. tommy had noticed that carmen was there as well — the three mothers were chatting away. "moved for school. i'm in media and film and all that."

olive gasped. "no shit! tommy and i are in that course too," well, they seem to be getting along, tommy thought. "because both of us are yout —"

tommy panicked and put his arm over olive's neck, making her sentence cut off. "sorry for her rambling, she doesn't get out very often." he laughed.

catherine laughed, turning to answer a question carmen had asked her.

"what the fuck?" olive whispered to tommy. "she's gonna find out anyways."

"it was in the moment!"

it was silent for a few seconds.

"wait — what do you mean i don't get out very often?!"

— tommy !
short chapter L

catherine making her introduction
so early in the story is me