xxiv, last words of a shooting star.

act two, chapter four. last words of a shooting star.

now that the official date for the meetup had been set, it was now a matter of time. a week, they had to wait — and everyone's eyes were on tommy and olive, due to them announcing they were in a relationship.

so it was now their job to keep the fans from suspecting anything, and keeping them solely entertained.

olive woke up at three am in tommy's room. they had sleepovers even before they were dating — there was really no change in that. she got up and walked out the room to get a glass of water.

stepping down the thankfully non - creaky stairs, olive made her way through the very familiar house towards the kitchen. pulling a glass down from the cabinet, she filled it up quietly.

she sniffled and wiped her nose. christmas was approaching! though, the group wouldn't be together through christmas (though people from america will still be in england), which disappointed olive.

but, christmas is a family holiday — and though she saw these people as her family, she didn't know how carmen would feel about that. plus, everyone has someone to go home to at the end of the streaming day.

the cup almost overfilling, olive being so drowned in her thoughts (get it?), she placed it on the counter and sat upon it. she had forgotten her phone, so now it was just her in the simple, dark silence. the only light came from the oven and microwave.

she took a sip. sighing, olive's mind drifted to catherine. where was she? olive didn't necessarily like thinking about her, but it was something that came to her mind every now and then.

where is she?

why did she fall of the face of the earth?

and was she going to come back at any point?

olive remembers this time they were hanging out over at catherine's house, and she was being told about how catherine had an ex who didn't treat her bad, he just wanted a different thing.

i love revenge, catherine said. someone does something to me, i'll get them back. no matter how long it takes.

a shiver was sent down olive's spine. she had done nothing to catherine, why would she put revenge on her back? i'm worrying for nothing, olive rolled her eyes to herself.

"are you sure about that?" olive heard a voice and turned her head to the side.

this is the part where you think it's tommy. or his mother, or maybe even his father. but it's not. it's olive's mother. and not carmen adria, the one who adopted her all those years ago.

"mom?" olive sounded confused. "is this a dream?"

jamie vera. also known as — one of the sweetest women on earth. this is also, olive's birth mother. hence the different last name; olive got it changed a bunch of years back to carmen's last name.

this is so a dream, olive thought. jamie was literally transparent. she hadn't had a dream about her mother in so long, so why now? why here, in tommy's kitchen?

"are you sure that catherine has just .. moved on?" jamie repeated her question, not answering olive's. "did you think about what happened between tommy and her?"

olive looked down at her feet.

"do you know what happened between catherine and tommy?"

she did not. tommy, quote unquote, did not like talking about it. olive wasn't too nosy about it, boundaries exist, and it was simply her respecting them.