Chapter 4

Bella had planned to confront Edward, but the problem was, he didn't show up...
And I was so tired... I didn't manage to fall asleep. Every time I closed my eyes, I saw him...

The Cullens arrived in a jeep. Alice jumped out of the car and ran towards me while I was walking to the building.

"Good morning, Emma" she said and smiled.
"Good morning" I said and looked away.
"Are you okay? You look tired" she said.

"I didn't sleep so well" I said. "Look, you don't have to talk to me, you know?"
She looked surprised.
"What if I want to talk to you?" she asked.
"Why?" I asked back at her.

"You look like a nice person. I really want to get to know you, if you'll let me" she smiled.
"There isn't much to know about me" I said and walked inside.
"I'm sure that's not true" she said and smiled.

~

Alice followed me around for the whole day...
She was nice, but I just didn't feel comfortable yet...

At lunch, I managed to shake her off for a while. I sat down outside with my headset on and my sketchbook out.

I just needed to be alone for a while... I closed my eyes and fell asleep.
But when I woke up, I saw that someone had put away my sketchbook and put my jacket around me. Only 15 minutes had passed and I looked around for the person who did that for me.

~

And like that, a few weeks had passed. I was getting used to Alice, but I was happy that she left me alone for lunch.
Bella got anxious, because Edward still hadn't shown up.

Jasper was also nice, he didn't try to talk to me. But I did notice him looking at me from time to time during history.

It was Friday, and I sat on my spot outside, listening to some music.
I even got used to people whispering about me. Even Bella's friends didn't try to talk to me anymore. But it was better that way. Easier...

I felt the cold feeling again and I looked up, I saw Jasper standing in front of me.
He said something, but I didn't hear him. I took off my headset and looked into his golden eyes.

"I'm sorry, I didn't hear you" I said and he smiled.
"I said, can I sit next to you?" he asked and I nodded.

He looked at me while I sketched. Of the Cullens, I liked Jasper the most. When he was around, I felt calm. Like I could finally breathe normally for a minute. He didn't force me to talk, but it was nice just having him there.

"You're very talented" he said with his accent.
"Okay, I have to ask now. Are you from Texas?" I asked and he laughed.

"Yes, I am, Ma'am" he said and I chuckled.
"Very funny" I said.
"I could ask you the same thing" he said.

"If I'm from Texas? I'm sorry to disappoint, but no. I'm not from Texas I'm afraid" I said and he rolled his eyes. "I think my mom was from Great Britain. She always spoke with this accent, so I just got it from her I think"

I began to feel sad a bit, thinking about her. But it was okay, it wasn't overwhelming me like it usually does.
"Did she teach you how to draw?" he asked and I nodded.

"Yes, when I was 12, I won the first prize with a drawing of roses. She was very proud of me and it was then I loved drawing even more" I said and continued drawing the forest I had in my head.
"She sounds like a wonderful person" he said.

"She was" I said and stopped drawing for a second. "She was the best"
"I'm sorry" he said and I looked him in the eyes. "I didn't mean to make you feel sad"