Chapter 18

Bella had less nightmares, but sometimes she still had them.
I hardly slept anymore, I didn't need much sleep anyway. But the sleep that I got, was filled with people's dying screams...

I found myself wanting to call Jasper more and more. But I knew he wasn't going to answer, he thought that he was protecting me. But I felt the need to be with him grow even more and more...

~

"If I told you I couldn't have fixe these bikes, what would you have said?" asked Jacob, they were done with the bikes and were going to test them. It wasn't easy fitting 3 people in the car.
But that wasn't the thing that was bothering me the most. Jacob began to feel warm like the wolf...

"Are you doubting your mad skills?" asked Bella.
"No. Definitely not" said Jacob. "I mean, they'll run fine. It's just, uh... maybe if I was smart, I would have dragged out the rebuild a bit"

"If you told me you couldn't fix these bikes, I would say that that's really too bad, but that we're just gonna have to find something else to do" said Bella and that made Jacob really happy.
I looked outside the window and saw people on the cliff, they all felt warm like the wolf...

"Is that Sam Uley?" I asked.
"Yeah. Him and his cult" said Jacob.
They pushed someone off the cliff...

"Oh, my God" said Bella and parked the car. "Did you see that?"
Jacob was laughing. "They're not really fighting, Bella. They're cliff diving" he said. "Scary as hell, but a total rush"

'Oh no, don't give Bella any ideas'
"A rush?" asked Bella.
'Oh boy'

"Most of us jump from lower down. We leave the showing off to Sam and his disciples" said Jacob.
"You really don't like them, do you?" I asked.

"I don't know" said Jacob. "They just think they run this place. Embry used to call them hall monitors on steroids. Now look at him"
I looked at the boy who I knew had changed.

"That's Embry?" asked Bella.
"What happened to him?" I wondered.
"He missed some school. Now, all of a sudden, he started following Sam around like a little puppy. Same thing happened with Paul and Jared" explained Jacob. "Sam keeps giving me this look. Like he's waiting for me or something. It's kind of starting to freak me out"

"Well, you should just avoid him" said Bella.
"I try" said Jacob.

~

"Okay" said Bella and climbed on one of the bikes.
"You look scared" said Jacob.
"I'm not" said Bella.

"Liar" I whispered.
"All right" said Jacob, he explained everything again to Bella about the bike while touching her hands...
She started the engine.

"Ready?" asked Jacob.
"This is nuts" I said.
"Now slowly release the clutch" said Jacob.
But she let go too quickly...

"Whoa" said Jacob. "You all right?"
'She looks like she's seen a ghost...'
"I'm gonna go again" said Bella.
"Bella, don't" I said but she was already driving away. "Why do I even bother?"

She began to lose control and crashed.
"Bella!" I yelled.
"Get on" said Jacob. He took the other motorcycle and I sat behind him.

He drove to Bella to see if she was hurt.
We got off and went to Bella. Her head was bleeding...
"I want to go again" said Bella.

"Bells, you're not going again. Are you trying to get yourself killed?" I scolded her.
"I want to go again" said Bella.
"No, forget it. Emma is right. No more bikes" said Jacob. "Man, your head"

Bella touched her head and she noticed that she was bleeding.
"Oh, my God, I'm sorry" she said out of instinct.
"What, you're apologizing for bleeding?" asked Jacob.
"Yeah, I guess I am" she said.

"Well, it's just blood, Bella. No big deal" he said and took off his shirt to stop the bleeding on her head.
'Man, when did he get all those muscles?'
"What are you staring at?" asked Jacob to Bella.

"You're sort of beautiful" said Bella.
"How hard did you hit your head?" asked Jacob making me hold in my laugh.
"I don't know" answered Bella.
"Let's go" I said.

The next day during lunch I sat at the table with my friends. Sitting being the key word here. They had gotten used to me not saying anything unless they ask me something.
"I did see something in the woods" said Angela, and that got my attention.

"Totally. Baby, I believe you" said Eric.
"No he doesn't. He's just trying to get lucky" said Jessica.
"No, okay. It was jet black and huge" said Angela. "On all fours, it was still taller than a person. A bear, maybe?"

'The wolf...'
"Or an alien. You're lucky you didn't get probed" said Mike.
"Well, I saw it" said Angela. I noticed that Bella had joined us.

"You know you're not the only one" said Bella. "Um, my dad's been getting reports at the station. Like, five hiker have been killed by some bear, but they can't find the bear"
'Right, all the death I've been feeling lately... but they felt cold. They weren't killed by the wolves, they were killed by a vampire'

"Hmm" said Angela proudly and Eric began to laugh nervously.
"Last time you clowns doubt my girlfriend" he said.
"Um..." began Mike to Bella. "So, I mean... Bella's back"

"Yeah, I guess so" said Bella.
"All right, that's... well welcome. Um... so listen, you know, now that, you know, you're talking and, uh... eating again, which, you know, gotta get that protein in there" said Mike and I rolled my eyes. "I was just wondering if you wanted to go see a movie with me"

'You've got to be kidding me, Mike. She literally returned for 2 seconds and you're already hitting on her again? Read the timing!'
"Yeah, sure. Yeah, I do" said Bella and I looked at her.
'Say what now?'

"Cool, um... let me see, we could check out, um... Love Spelled Backwards Is Love. You know, it's a dumb title, but it's a romantic comedy. I mean, it's supposed to be..." he began.
"No. No romance" interrupted Bella. "How about Face Punch? Have you heard of that?"

"I mean, that's an action movie" stuttered Mike.
"Yeah, it's perfect. Um, guns, adrenaline. It's my thing" said Bella and I sighed.
"Okay" said Mike.
"We should get a bunch of people to go" said Bella making me snort. "Do you guys want to go see Face Punch"

"Face Punch, yeah" said Eric. "Mike, hey. We were supposed to watch that. Remember, the trailer's like..." he began to make fighting noises.
"Movie night with Bella" said Jessica with sarcasm.
'For once, I share your feelings, Jess'