Chapter 39

-Emma POV-

"Well done, Bella" said Jasper when Charlie was gone. "Never seen a newborn show that kind of restraint"
"I'm not sure she is a newborn" said Emmett. "She's so tame"
"Careful gorilla" I said.

"Don't antagonize her. She is the strongest one in the house" said Edward.
Emmett snorted. "Please" he said.
"Gorilla..." I whispered.

~

"Don't hurt yourself, Emmett" said Edward.
Emmett placed a gigantic rock on the ground so he and Bella could arm wrestle.
"All right, on three" said Jasper. "One, two... three"

Emmett was losing, Bella won the arm wrestle competition.
"Did you see that?" she said and I applauded.
Bella enjoyed being a vampire, she was smiling and she was happy...

~

Everything was finally calming down. The Volturi accepted the fact that Bella was a vampire, but they would want prove eventually...
A few months went by.. and Renesmee grew fast... she looked like she was at least 5 years old...

For my birthday, she had drawn me a beautiful picture.
And since she was growing so fast, Jasper and I were planning our wedding, so she could be there for it.
Alice was very happy about it, so we were looking for a nice dress.

Bella came back with Renesmee and Jacob. Irina had been there.
"Tanya convinced Irina to come reconcile with us" said Carlisle after he called the clan in Denali.
"It looks like she changed her mind" said Edward.

"Seeing Jacob must have been too much for her" said Esme.
"Wish I could have just spoken to her" said Bella.
"She's family. She'll come around" said Carlisle.
Renesmee began to play the piano, Edward had taught her the song Esme loved very much.

~

And in just a few days, she could play it perfectly...
I let my head fall back in Jasper's chest and listened to my little niece.
But, then... I sensed death coming...

I gasped and my eyes were glowing. Alice dropped a vase and Lewis ran to her.
The room was trembling... I was sensing everyone die... Jasper, Carlisle, Lewis, Leah... but it wasn't certain yet...
"Emma? Darling, breathe" said Jasper.

He calmed me down using his gift and my eyes stopped glowing.
"Oh Jasper" I whispered.
"Alice, Emma" said Carlisle. "What did you see?"

"The Volturi" said Alice. "They're coming for us"
"Not just the Volturi" I said. "I sensed a lot of vampires coming to us"
"Aro, Caius, Marcus, the Guard and Irina" said Alice.

Jasper rubbed my back and I had tears in my eyes.
"Honey, come here" said Bella to Renesmee.
I held on to Jasper, I had sensed him die... and I was not going to let that happen...

"Why?" asked Edward. "What did Irina see in the woods?"
"We were just walking" said Bella.
"Ness was catching snowflakes" said Jacob.

"Of course" said Edward.
"Of course what? Share it with the group" I said, I was on edge, so I couldn't control myself.
"Irina thinks Renesmee's an Immortal Child" said Edward.

~

"The Immortal Children were very beautiful" explained Carlisle. "So enchanting. To be near them was to love them. But their development was frozen at the age they were turned. They couldn't be taught or restrained. A single tantrum could destroy an entire village. Humans heard about the devastation. Stories spread. The Volturi were forced to intervene. Since the Children couldn't protect our secret, they had to be destroyed. Their creators grew very attached and fought to protect them. Long-established covens were torn apart. Countless humans, slaughtered. Traditions, friends, even families. Lost. Like the mother of the Denalis'"

"Wait, so the Denalis' mother made an Immortal Child?" I asked.
"Yes" said Carlisle. "And she paid the price"
"Well, Renesmee's nothing like those children" said Bella. "She was born, not bitten. She grows every single day"

"So can't you just explain that to the Volturi?" asked Jacob.
"Aro has enough proof in Irina's thoughts" said Edward.
"So we fight" said Jacob.

"Their offensive weapons are too powerful" said Jasper. "No one can stand against Jane"
"Alec's even worse" said Alice.
"Well, then we convince them" said Bella.

"They're coming to kill us, not to talk" said Emmett.
"No, you're right" said Edward. "They won't listen to us. But maybe others can convince them. Carlisle, you have friends all around the world"

"I won't ask them to fight" said Carlisle.
"Not fight. Witness" said Edward. "If enough people knew the truth, maybe we could convince the Volturi to listen"
"We can ask this of our friends" said Esme to Carlisle.

~

"So, where are we going?" I asked to Jasper whenwe were making our suitcases.
"Peter and Charlotte" he said. "2 of my friends, I travelled with them before I met Alice"
"From Maria's army?" I asked and he nodded. "Well, I'm glad I'll finally get to meet them"

Sam came to us with a note from Alice and Lewis.
"Alice asked me to give you that" he said. "She and Lewis crossed our lands tothe ocean last night"
"Carlisle?" asked Esme.

"They've left us" said Carlisle.
"Why?" asked Rosalie.
"She didn't say" said Carlisle.

"Can I see that?" asked Bella and Carlisle gave her the note.
"Gather as many witnesses as you can before the snow sticks to the ground. That's when they'll come"