Chapter 5

-Alice POV-

I was happy that Emma began to trust me. I followed her and Carlisle to his office.
"Jasper said she had a panic attack" I said and Carlisle nodded.

"Emma, do you mind taking off your shirt? It's so that I can take your blood pressure" he said and she looked at her hands. "You can put it on yourself it will make you feel more comfortable"

She slowly nodded and took off her sweater.
I saw her arms, there were bite marks all over. Especially on her underarm...
'Vampire bites?'

She put on the machine and Carlisle looked at the results.
"It is a bit high, have you been sleeping well?" he asked.
"No, I haven't slept well in over a year" she admitted. "Sleeping medication doesn't help, I've tried it"

She put her sweater back on, covering her arms.
She looked at me and I held her hand.
"May I ask, what happened to your mother?" asked Carlisle.

"She died 2 years ago, they say it was an animal attack" said Emma.
"And your father?" asked Carlisle and that's when she froze. Her grip on my hand was strong.
"He eh... he killed himself in a fire, taking me almost with him. A year ago" said Emma.

"I'm very sorry for your loss" said Carlisle.
"Thank you" she said.
"Okay, I can try to give you something to calm down, lower your blood pressure. Stay home for a few days" he said and she nodded.

"Alice, can you take her home?" he asked and I nodded.
"Of course" I said and took Emma with me.

We first got the medicine and then I drove her home.
I took her phone and put my number in it.
"Call me if you need someone to talk to. Doesn't matter what time, okay?" I asked and she nodded.

"Alice?" she said and I looked at her. "Thank you. And could you also say thank you to Jasper for me? If he hadn't pulled me away..."

"Of course I will. Now, go to bed. Tomorrow I'll stop by to see how you're doing and with homework. Is that okay?" I asked and she smiled.
"Okay, see you tomorrow" she said and left the car.

~

I drove home, and that evening Carlisle spoke to all of us.
"Edward, Jasper. Although I appreciate it that you saved two people, you took a huge risk" he said. "For now, we can tell Bella she imagined it from hitting her head. And Emma, she was too busy having an episode to realise"

"Carlisle" I said and they all looked at me. "Her scars. Are they from a vampire?"

Jasper froze and stared at me.
"Yes, they were. And I'm sure of it now. Emma is becoming a Banshee. Her mother, Mereleona was one. I met her 90 years ago, but it seems that Emma has no idea what she is becoming. Being a Banshee also means she's immune to vampire venom. I'm thinking a vampire wanted to turn her, but he kept failing. Resulting in her scars" said Carlisle.

"The man with red eyes" said Edward.
Jasper had clenched his fists. He had begun to care for Emma, just like I had.
He could be himself around her, enjoy being normal for once in a while.
"Jasper, calm down" said Edward.

"Calm down?" said Jasper. "That girl has done nothing wrong! You can't feel her fear like I can. She was terrified... she... she doesn't deserve to feel like this. She doesn't understand what's going on with her. Before she went to the hospital, she told me she didn't want to go. Because she could feel people dying in there"

"Then what do you suppose we do?" asked Rosalie.
"Tell her the truth. Right now, she probably thinks she's going crazy" said Jasper.
"Tell her? Are you crazy?" she shouted.

"I agree with Jasper" I said and she looked at me. "Emma is kind, and maybe it'll help her if she understands what she feels around us"

"Let's see how she handles everything else first" said Carlisle. "When the time comes, I'll tell her what I know about Banshees. I owe it to her mother"