Overcoming Fears

Heyo everyone! Hope you all are doing well. As always, all images, songs and videos used don't belong to me, they belong to their rightful owners. Now on to the chapter!

☀️Saturday Night☀️

*Claire's POV*
It was one of those days at my house. The day where everyone gathered to hang out for the weekend.

The kids were in Junior's room playing with his toys while the rest of us were downstairs having a normal conversation.

It's been quite some time since this routine has started. Well, eight months to be exact, which means that Rosie is almost nine months old now.

She was sleeping in her crib until I heard her voice from upstairs.

"Excuse me guys, Rosie's awake." I got out the couch to go upstairs, only for the place to suddenly get dark.

"No...why now of all times?!" My breathing became irregular, clutching to my chest as I panicked.

I never got over my fear of the dark. For as long as I can remember, I never went to bed without a night light.

All the trauma scarred me, making me fear so much that I would have a mental breakdown or panic attack.

I fell to my knees, feeling like I couldn't breathe. Gasping for air, I felt the darkness creep up behind me and grab my head.

The grip tightened, hurting me to the points of tears falling down.

"Please...let me go....leave me alone..." I tried fighting back the darkness as more arms grabbed me, pulling my arms and legs, gripping my neck and covering my eyes.

"Let go!" A pair of arms wrapped around my torso, but I got out of its hold, falling on the stairs.

"Stay away from me! Don't touch me!" I crawled up the stairs and felt my way to my room.

"Come here you little bitch!" The voice of that man echoed in my head.

"Stay away from me!" Rushing to the closet, I locked myself inside.

"Open the door!" The banging was loud and continuous.

"Stay away from me! Leave me alone!" The tears streamed down as I curled into a ball, covering my head to protect it from any pain that may come.

"Claire..." Another voice called for me.

"Leave me alone...please...I don't want this anymore..." The sobs took over.

The sound of footsteps filled the room before I heard the lock being picked.

"No...stay away.." Moving further in the closet, I felt the bat hit my back.

Grabbing it, I held it up with shaky hands, ready to hit whoever entered the closet.

The door finally opened, revealing nothing but darkness to me.

"Come near me and I'll bash you into the floor!" I threatened them but deep down I had barely enough strength in my arms to fight off whoever was in there.