Chapter 43.

The Wedding

Today's the day, the day I walk down the aisle and marry the love of my life. Fuck don't cry.

I stare at myself in the mirror, my eyes glued to my reflection. My hair loose in big curls going down my back, my makeup kept simple and natural to match my dress. Which is stunning, the lace and beading, I decided to pair it with a cathedral-length veil that trails behind me. I still can't believe how this dress makes me feel, I put it on and it felt like it was made for me.

I feel like a princess in this dress, I've always dreamt about how my wedding would go. But never did I imagine my groom, I think the universe did that on purpose keeping my soulmate hidden.

As I graze over my dress in the mirror one more time the door behind me creaks open and Nikolai peeks his head through.

"Zaika are you ready to" Nikolai stands at the door stunned as I turn around.

I nervously flatten out my dress before I look up at him. "Hey-hey Niko what do you think?"

I feel like a little girl looking for her big brothers' approval. He walks over to me and softly kisses my cheek.

"You looking stunning Nicole."

I blush slightly knowing he's 100% genuine.

"Well, Nikolai that's the kindest thing you have ever said to me." I try to hold back a tear I feel forming.

Nikolai smiles before grabbing my rose bouquet and handing it to me. He holds his arm out for me to grab and I link mine with his.

"Let's go we can't keep your future husband waiting." 

Husband, it's at that moment that everything becomes real. Today is the day, Nadei and I become one, I know it's a cliche we've been attached by the hip since the first day we met but now it's him and I forever.

Nikolai leads me out the room and down the long hall, I start to flashback to when I met Niko. I mistook him for Aleksander and he thought I was an intruder holding a gun to my temple, one of the scariest moments I encountered. But after that blew over things changed, he's still my annoying, teasing big brother but I love everything about his grumpy ass. I know he will always be there for me through thick and thin.

As we continue to walk towards the long aisle that is covered in fresh rose petals Aleksander is standing there waiting for me.

Nikolai takes my hand and leads me to Aleksander.

"Kroshka, you look like an angel." He kisses my cheek and links my arm with his.

"Ale......what's going on?" I look back and forth between Niko & Ale confused.

"What's going on is your boys are walking you down the aisle to your husband."

I can feel my eyes beginning to water at his words, every girl has her father walk her down the aisle. But not me. I, unfortunately, have no one, I was content walking down the aisle myself but as always my boys are here to save the day.

That's what they've become, since the beginning it's been my boys and me.

They're all the family I have and need.