Chapter 13.

I toss around the bed trying to feel for Nadei, when I don't I immediately sit up and look around. I realize I'm not in my bedroom and the recollections from last night start coming back to me. I pull the blanket closer and desperately search the room.

I find a note on the nightstand

"Sorry, kroshka I didn't want to wake you up so I left you in bed. I'll bring you breakfast soon gorgeous"

I smile and put the note back down. I nuzzle back into bed and soon hear the door creak open.

"I hope you brought coffee because I can use something stron-" my mouth closes shut when I realize who is standing at the door.

"Nadei" I whisper. A part of me aches for him, this is the first time in a month I haven't woken up in his arms. But the bruises on my body prevent me from reaching for him.

"I brought you some breakfast. I hope you don't mind-"

I just watch as he holds a tray covered with food and slowly walks towards me. I move away slightly as he sits on the bed, he sighs and lays the tray at my feet.

"I-I know I should give you space right now but-" my eyes begin to water and I turn away fighting back the tears. From the corner of my eye, I see Nadei starring at his bite marks on my neck and he gently rubs it. I allow him to touch me because I want him to feel fucking guilt and hurt!

"Baby" he whispers trying to fight back his emotions.

"I know you don't want to talk to me right now Nicole. But I needed to be the one to tell you that Alek and I will be away the whole weekend. We are needed on business in Russia so we are leaving in a couple of hours"

I immediately turn my face towards him and he smiles slightly. Fuck he can read my mind because the thought of him being away from me for 3 days kills me. Part of me doesn't want him near me ever again but part of me wants to jump into his lap and tell him not to leave. He rests his hand on my leg and I just stare at him with no response.

"I'll call to check in on you. Boris and Gerald will stay behind. But—moya printsessa please don't hate me" he begs and drops his head down.

I let out a soft sigh and fidget with my fingers "I don't hate you Nadei" I whisper in the quietest voice possible. He instantly smiles and looks up at me, he leans forward and I back away slightly. He pauses but smiles and kisses my cheek.

"Please eat some breakfast. I'll come to say goodbye before I go"

He takes his leave and I just stare at the food; pancakes, eggs, bacon, and a bowl of fruit. But I'm still in no mood to eat. I grab the orange juice and gulp it down before throwing myself back onto the bed and under the covers.

"Knock knock" Alek mocks and peaks his head into the room.

"Fuck you, Romanoff"

"Ok ok I know but he literally was making the breakfast before I even got up and I just couldn't help it. He's never looked so sad Nicole, he didn't even hear me coming! I could've taken him out for you"

I laugh at his comment. "Did he look upset?"

"Babe the man hasn't even eaten or drank his coffee. And you know how routine my uncle is, poor sap he asked me a bunch of questions about you."

"Good. I want him to hurt!"

Alek grabs a suitcase and starts tossing clothes in.

"Soooo...Russia" I say as I pull his clothes out and properly fold them for him.