Chapter 45.

We finally enter the hospital and I go running in, Aleksander and Nikolai are standing outside Nadei room just watching.

"WHERE THE HELL IS HE!"

"Nicole. They won't let us in they won't tell us anything until you're here!"

I push past Ale and barge into his room, Nadei is laying on the bed with a bandage across his chest.

"Hello, gorgeous" Nadei sits up and smiles at me.

"Oh don't you hello gorgeous me you bastard! How the fuck did you get shot!" I run to his side and slap his arm.

"Ow."

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry!" I lay my head on his chest. My hand slowly traces his bandage, my eyes begin to tear up thinking how closely that is to his heart.

"My love, please don't cry I'm ok." He lays his hand on top of mine trying to console me, I sit beside him and just look at him imagining what my life would be like without him.

"What happened?"

"We were stepping off the jet when a shot hit my arm.....the next one landed in my chest."

"But......are.....are you ok?"

Before Nadei can answer the door opens and a doctor comes in. He's tall, tan has dark brown hair, and a matching beard. But he has bright hazel eyes.

"Nadei, nadei when will you learn to stop jumping in front of bullets." The Doctor walks in holding Nadei's chart in his hand.

"Who the fuck are you? Where the hell is Coni!"

The doctor looks to Nadei then to me with a raised brow.

"Cortez this is my wife Nicole, Nicole this is Dr. Cortez he's my private doctor."

"Cortez? Hablas español?"

The doctor nods his head and smiles "Si, Bonita porque?" {yes beautiful why?}

"Perfecto, dime que verdad si esta bien?" {Tell me the truth is he ok?}

"Nicole stop it."

I roll my eyes to Nadei and the Doctor chuckles. Coni walks through the door soon after.

"Cortez, I see you met Nicole, has she threatened you yet?"

"WILL SOMEONE TELL ME IF MY HUSBAND IS FUCKING OK OR NOT!"

"Nicole." Nadei pulls me closer to his chest holding me against him. "Do you hear that? That's my heart and it's still beating, I'm not going anywhere my love I promise."

I hold myself against him a little longer, just listening to his heart.

"I love you angel I'm not leaving you."

"I love you too."

I sit back up and rub away my tears, my heart broke the minute I heard he was shot. I can't lose him. Not now, not ever how could I be without Nadei?

"Ok, now that that's over." Dr. Cortez pulls out his stethoscope to check Nadei's breathing. I get up and plop myself onto the chair beside his bed.

"Hey, hun are you ok?" Coni walks over and lowers herself to my level.

"Um, yeah I'm fine. I just feel a little dizzy I'm sure it's just the stress from all this." I point to Nadei and chuckle.

"Let's go get you checked out quick."