Chapter 41.

Two months before the wedding

"Malishka you know I adore you. BUT WHY AM I WEDDING DRESS SHOPPING WITH YOU?" Gerald huffs from the front seat as we pull up to the bridal shop.

"Oh hush up Gerald, I very well can't bring Nadei with me can I? Plus Jillian is at the point of her pregnancy where she wants to claw Ale's eyes out. Nikolai is fucking Nikolai and you're my best friend so suck it up buttercup." I slide out of the back seat pulling Betty and Jillian out with me.

I try to keep a straight face as we walk into the store, but my heart is beating out of my chest. This is the moment that everything starts to feel fucking real. As I enter white taffeta, lace and sequins are all I see, Gerald notices my discomfort and quickly gives me his hand to squeeze.

"Nicole-breath someone is approaching us"

I snap back to reality as I noticed a consultant hurrying her way to us.

"Hi, I'm um Nicole Ramirez here for"

"Oh yes, the Romanoff party!" The consultant cheers up and I know where this is going. "Come right this way darling we have a private section set up for you and your party."

"Of course you do," I mumble as Jillian laughs beside me.

"Come on babe it's your day enjoy it." She links her arm with mine and we follow the woman.

"Ok, so we pulled all these dresses especially for you from the ideas your fiancé gave us. We also have champagne and some hors d'oeuvre for your guest. We also have bridesmaids dresses pulled for your girls."

"Yes Please, mama needs food." Jillian and Betty happily plop down on the couch seated facing the dressing room.

"And for you sir?"

"Just pretend like I'm not here." Gerald stands behind the couch with his arms crossed.

The consultant blushes at Gerald, I can't help but roll my eyes. Pretty sure she's not his type and Coni wouldn't hesitate to slap her.

"Can we get this over with?"

I open the dress room door and a wall of beautiful dresses stares back at me. God this dressing room is bigger than my childhood bedroom, there are racks of dress covering the wall. I run my hand over the different fabrics, some organza, some with satin overlay, and beautiful expensive lace.

Speaking of expensive a price tag grabs my attention and the wind is knocked out of me.

"Holy fuck that's a down payment for a fucking car."

"Mr. Romanoff said to only pick the best of the best." She quickly pulls a dress off the hanger and motions for me to undress.

Mr. Romanoff is going to hear my mouth when I get home later. I think to myself as I undress and climb into the big poofy dress.

I already know it's not for me but I should go show the girls. The consultant opens the door Jillian and Betty already have their heads propped up waiting for me.

"Babe—you look so—" Jillian already breaks into the water walks.

"Jill it's the first fucking dress relax" Betty hands her a tissue with a hint of annoyance.