Chapter 25.

The door to our bedroom slowly creeks open, not enough to wake me but I shift slightly at the sound. I can hear footsteps slowly approaching the bedside. As the bed shifts to the weight of this mystery man, I reach for the remote under my pillow. When their body leans closer I pull out the remote and swing it to their head knocking them back slightly.

"NICOLE WHAT THE HELL!"

"Nadei?" I sit up and my eyes flutter against the darkness making out a shadowy figure of Nadei holding his forehead. Shit.

"Well, what the hell are you doing sneaking up on me sleeping huh!"

"Sneaking upon you?" Nadei eyes wander over to the alarm clock on my nightstand. "2 am? Fucking hell, I'm so sorry my love I didn't realize how late it was but. This is MY bedroom you do know that correct"

I playfully throw my pillow at him.

"You mean ours"

"You are right babygirl anything that's mine is yours" He begins to undress down to his boxer briefs, besides for his magnificent fucking body. He looks incredibly exhausted, his eyes are bloodshot red, his hair a mess. "Now move the fuck over so I can hold you all night long" he crawls beside me taking me into his arms.

"Is everything ok Nadei?"

"It will be. But we need to discuss something"  every time he says that it involves me going into lockdown mode.

"Nah-uh Nadei I'm not going to halt my life because of your psycho brother! After Boris, you had me on lockdown and I was miserable, after Ari and I, I was also in lockdown. But not this time I'm going to continue to live my life whether you like it or not!"

I cross my arms and turn myself away from him standing my ground. Well, you know metaphorically speaking of course.

"Nicole!" he lets out a deep angry growl "Do not defy me on this! I will not lose you to him or anyone else! You are staying in this penthouse until he's fucking dealt with do you hear me!"

"Oh fuck off no I'm not bowing down to you! This is my fucking life we're talking about. I have a job now! I have friends! I won't stop my life, increase my security I don't care but I won't be caged up like some fucking animal!"

By this point, I'm sure the entire apartment can hear us yelling. I climb out of the bed standing just at the foot of the bed, Nadei remains seated his back against the headboard. He's fighting the urge not to just pull me back knowing damn well I'll give him one hell of a fight.

"I will tie you to the fucking bed if I have to you are not leaving this fucking place until I say so do you understand me!!!"

"Oh yeah! I'll stay in this dungeon once you start telling me the truth!" I slap my hand across my mouth as soon as those words left my mouth. Fucking shit I opened Pandora's box.

"What the hell did you just say to me? The truth? What are you talking about Nicole!"

Back to Nicole, welp I'm definitely in trouble. Might as well just continue and learn some things.

"Oh fuck it! I know you're hiding something you are all hiding something from me!"

He inches his way closer crawling on the bed like a lion stalking his prey and I take a few steps back.

"WHAT. ARE. YOU. TALKING. ABOUT?"

"Misha—he said" the mere mention of his name causes Nadei's entire body to flinch. "Misha said Alexandra isn't the first Romanoff wife to die"