Chapter 28.

"Nadei?" I feel around the bed reaching for Nadei but I find his side empty. Which is odd because it's Sunday, it's become the one-day Nadei stays home and we spend a normal day together.

"Nadei..." I poke my head into the bathroom but the shower isn't running. Panic is slowly starting to set in, where the fuck is he? I open the bedroom door and hear silence. Absolute silence.

As I take a step out into the living room I begin to hear some shuffling around, my mind enters survival mode I look around for the nearest weapon. A bronze statue standing on top of a pedestal is my only fucking choice, seriously. I roll my eyes and pick it up I walk closer to the living room and hear some mumbling.

When I turn the corner my jaw drops, I can't believe the scene before me.

"What the hell is this?" Still clutching onto the statue all eyes turn to me.

"Baby, what are doing with that?" Nadei points to the statue in my hand

"Oh...I was going to use it as a weapon?"

Nikolai and Aleksander just roll their eyes and Gerald chuckles before going back to his work.

"Nicole, that is a $10,000 statue and you were going to knock someone in the head with it?" He walks over to me and pulls the statue from my hand gently placing it on the table.

"Whoops. But anyways what the hell is going on here?"

Nadei sweetly smiles at me wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Well baby I thought it was time for some new traditions and you told me how you always loved decorating a Christmas tree as a kid. So, I bought you a tree to decorate"

My heart beats a little faster in amazement at how Nadei can remember the smallest things, holidays were always tough for me but showing that he cares to gives it a new meaning.

"I love it Nadei and it's so fucking tall too!"

"Good I'm glad, want to help us decorate?" He holds up an ornament to me and I snatch it out of his hand.

"Oh, you don't even know what you just did. Boys move aside mama is here and she's about to make this shit perfect! Gerald and Niko you're on light duty, Alek get the ladder you're helping me do the ornaments"

All the boys laugh and follow my orders and Jillian walks out just as confused as me.

"Jilly you can-"

"I'll make some spiked eggnog"

"Of course you will!"

"Oh fuck off Aleksander!"

Nadei wraps his hand around my waist and pulls me closer placing a soft kiss on my lips.

"And what is my job, my love?"

"Well, of course, you put the tree topper on when all is done, sir."

"Oh and after will you meet me under the mistletoe?"

"Oh don't worry Nadei I'll have a special gift for you"

"Zaika!" Nikolai who has been standing beside us drops the lights in his hand as I make an inappropriate gesture to Nadei.

"Oh bite me, Nikolai. Let's get to work boys!"

I watch as all the boys follow my orders and Nadei brings out a small ladder for me to use while I arrange the ornaments. After a few minutes I place the last couple of ornaments on top, I look down and take a second to appreciate the view before me.