Keep An Eye Out

tw // some mature content and mention of death.

<~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~>

Screams are being heard all around. Not screams from random people thought, it's Fred. Max tries running towards the noise but she seems to keep getting farther away. "You could've prevented this." Fred's voice is heard.

Max can feel her heart beat faster and faster as everything gets quiet, she continues to look around for Fred but ends up getting startled awake as his screaming starting up again from her dream. She gasps, sitting in her bed while she looks around frantically. Hermione and Ginny are asleep, making her relax a bit at the fact that she didn't wake them up this time.

Quietly, she gets up out of bed and makes her way out the door then down the stairs. They left Fred on the couch that night, not wanting to hurt him more by lugging him up the stairs. Her legs carry her over to the living room to check up on the boy but stops immediately when she sees he's not there.

Frantically she turns her body around, hoping he isn't more hurt somewhere that he wasn't suppose to be. She runs towards the dining room to look around before running into the kitchen, finally letting out a breath of relief when she sees him reaching for something on a tall shelf.

Fred winces, quickly bringing his arm back down while using his other arm to wrap around his ribs. "You're suppose to be resting." She sighs softly as the red headed boy turns around quickly. "I'm thirsty." he replies, making Max stop for a second. He watches as Max walks out of the kitchen then returns quickly with a chair.

The chair gets placed down in front of the cabinet he was reaching in before she stood on it, grabbing him a cup with ease then grabbing one for herself. "You could've called for me to come down." She hands Fred one of the cups while placing hers down on the counter then picks up the chair to take back to the dining room.

"Well you're short so.." Fred teases with a small smirk lingering along his lips. "And your injured so.." Max teases back, going over to the fridge and taking out some juice. "Ew I hate orange juice, get something else." Fred says, scrunching his nose up like a child. "I thought you loved orange juice?" Max says as she puts it back and grabs fruit punch instead.

"No no, George loves orange juice. Get your twin right." Fred jokes, leaning against the counter to ease the pain. Max picks up her cup before grabbing Fred's sleeve and pulling him out the kitchen towards the couch, forcing him to sit down. She then grabs his cup from his hands and places them on the coffee table, pouring the juice in them.

"George is weird for liking orange juice, it's tastes disgusting." Max sits down beside him, handing him the cup before taking a sip out of her own. "And here I thought you liked orange juice." Fred says, drinking out of his as if he hadn't drank anything in years. "That's Hermione, get your facts right." Max jokes, filling up his cup again.

Fred's throat has been dry and hurting him for a couple hours now from all the screaming which Max feels bad for. A smile is shown on Fred's features at the girl beside him for using his own joke against him. "Listen i'm sorry about Montague.. I'm sure the ministry will find him and lock him up for what he's done." Max's soft voice says as she averts eye contact.

His hand gets a soft grip along Max's jaw, forcing her to look at him. "Dont apologize for something you didn't do." Fred responds, his voice just as soft. Max stares into his eyes for a couple seconds before looking away which makes Fred pulls her closer to force the eye contact between them.

Butterflies start taking place in her stomach at his actions, her hand being unintentionally placed on his thigh which causes him to smirk. "I- um.. I just feel bad-" "Don't feel bad." Fred cuts her off, her eyes looking down to her lips before looking back up to her eyes.